8 replies to this topic

#1 therealtatata

therealtatata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Dear Mods/anyone else who can help,

I recently installed Ad-Aware 10.0.185.3207, and did a full scan. It found around 50 "infections", all of which I quarantined. I wanted to restore some of these files. I was, however, not able to do so for those inside ZIP or RAR folders. I am very frustrated by this. Is this a known issue?

#2 LS Sharon

LS Sharon

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Dear therealtatata,

Thank you for your post. I will verify this information and get back to you shortly.

Thank you,
Sharon

#3 LS Sharon

LS Sharon

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Dear therealtatata,

You should be able to highlight the files that you want to restore and hit the restore button at the bottom of the screen. Please let me know if you have tried that and the result.

Thank you,
Sharon

#4 therealtatata

therealtatata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

Yes, that was the most obvious method to restore the files, so I tried that, multiple times, with no success. Highlighting files that were in ordinary Windows folders and hitting the restore button restored them, but doing the same with files that were originally in ZIP or RAR folders produced no effect. The files just continued to stay there.

#5 LS Sharon

LS Sharon

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Dear therealtatata,

Thank you for your patience. This is an issue which I have flagged to my team and they are currently working on it. This issue should be resolved in our future Ad-Aware10 updates and releases. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused you.

Sincerely,
Sharon - Lavasoft Support

#6 therealtatata

therealtatata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the very prompt responses; could you notify me via email as soon as the issue is resolved in an update? I want to format my hard disc, but I can't do so until I have recovered the files and backed them up. How long will I have to wait?

#7 LS Karol

LS Karol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Dear therealtatata,

Thank you for your reply. Please send me your email or Order ID (if you are a paid customer) so we can notify you when this has been resolved.

Kind Regards,
Karol - Lavasoft Support

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7701 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi therealtatata,

I have set your post to hidden, but Karol will still be able to see it. The reason is that spam spiders are searching through all web pages looking for email addresses that can be used for spam, but they cannot see hidden posts.

#9 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7701 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Version 10.1 has been released, see http://www.lavasofts...e-101-released/
Note, that it is very important that you don't uninstall version 10.0 since that might remove your quarantined files. For extra safety I would recommend that you do a copy of the quarantine folder before installing the new version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zip, rar, restore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users