• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 claw99

claw99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

I just installed and reinstalled 10.x and it will not open from the desktop icon or the program list on my laptop with Win 7. I disabled the Tools/popup blocker but that did not help. 10.x works fine on my PC with Win XP except I don't like being "upgraded" to Pro without being asked. If I wanted a free trial I'd ask for it. And if there is any work involved in switching back when the 30 days is up I'd just as soon delete it.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7232 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi claw99,

Do you have another antivirusprogram installed?

If you want to get rid of the Pro features immediately, you press the "Activate" button in the window informing you that your Pro version will expire in xx days and follow the given information.

#3 claw99

claw99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I also have Avast! and Panda Cloud. Panda is new but since it is a cloud type I did not think it could block anything. Avast! did not interfere with the previous 9.0x.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7232 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ad-Aware 10 is a full-featured antivirusprogram with real-time protection as other antivirusprograms and Lavasoft recommends that it is not installed in a computer that already has an antivirusprogram. Even if LS Digger Barnes' explanation about possible conflicts with other security programs in the post http://www.lavasofts...ndpost&p=125582 is written for an earlier version of Ad-Aware, the principle is still the same. Ad-Aware 9 Free has a simple real-time protection that seldom conflicts with other antivirusprograms.

Didn't you get a warning when you installed Ad-Aware that another antivirusprogram already was installed?

As far as I know Panda Cloud works as any other antivirus program, with real-time protection etc., and that means there is a risk for conflicts when running Avast and Panda Cloud at the same time.

If you want a second opinion, it is better to run an online scanner instead of installing a second antivirusprogram, for example http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/

#5 claw99

claw99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

It is my laptop with Panda Cloud, Avast!, and AdAware that will not let AdAware open. My PC does not have Panda but it does have the other two. AdAware 10.x opens and scans no problems (so far) so it looks like Panda is the conflict.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7232 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Nice that it works with Avast in your PC.

#7 hammer87

hammer87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Im having the same issue. I have uninstalled all of my other anti-virus and malware programs, yet it still will not open. I have also un-installed and re-installed Ad-Aware, but nothing...samre result. Any advice?

#8 hammer87

hammer87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Update-When looking through my settings, I noticed that when I turned off my windows firewall, I was seeing that my ad-aware was "snoozed" Same result with Windows Defender. Not sure if that helps.

#9 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7232 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hi hammer87,

Have you also run the special removal tools that the antivirus and antimalware companies have to remove everything of their programs?

Sorry, but I don't understand your second post, I'm not American or English. Please, explain in more detail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users