• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mhuss

mhuss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Ever since I upgraded to AAW10, my digital audio workstation (REAPER) keeps hanging up while loading. If I exit AAW, the DAW works fine. I tried disabling everything I could (all but AV) but no improvement.

REAPER, like many DAWs, loads many DLLs which interact directly with ASIO. It also has a 'processor used' function that undoubtedly uses some low level hooks that may look suspicious to an anti-malware app. Is there any way to get AAW to whitelist certain apps and/or directories?

Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, i5 CPU, 8GB RAM (plus lots of interfaces on USB and Firewire ports)

--mark

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7233 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi mhuss,

Please, disable "Safe Networking" and "Advanced firewall" but keep everything else enabled, and then try again.

#3 mhuss

mhuss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

hi Cecilia,

I have everything in the Advanced Protection section disabled, and Real Time Protection disabled as well. The DAW still hangs (as in needs Task Manager to kill). When I exit AAW, the DAW starts up fine.

--m

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7233 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi mhuss,

I have asked my contact person at Lavasoft if they can look into your problem.

#5 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7233 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi mhuss,

Lavasoft was not able to reproduce the problem. Do you have the latest version of Reaper?
Have you tried to install Reaper again? It might depend on which of the two products that is installed first.

#6 mhuss

mhuss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I have tried reinstalling REAPER, but no improvement.

I guess I'l uninstall AAW. It's a shame because I have used the product for a while now.

--mark

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7233 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

You can continue to use 9.6 and try again when 10.1 has been released. You can, for example, find 9.6 on http://www.filehippo...nload_ad-aware/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users