15 replies to this topic

#1 szymonopo

szymonopo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hey,
I've got a problem with my Windows XP pc.
I've downloaded newest version of free ad-aware ( had previous installed) and started installing it.
After installation, my computer asked me to reboot him, as so i did.
after that when computer should display login window, blue screen appeared with info, let me qoute

" Stop: c000021a {Critical error}
system process windows logon process suddenly finished with the state 0(not sure if it's full or just my screen cut something)
xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
system will be closed.

<- i had it in polish so i translated, as so i doubt it's literally word after word the same as information i'd receive if i have windows in english, anyways i guess the sense has been kept.

so here's my question how could I fix it? I tried hittin f8 after reboot and i choosed options like restore to last working settings (or smth like that ) and still i had blue screen. also i tried to turn on with outage system and again blue screen.

I doubt i have a cd with this windows anymore + i really need all the stuff i had on pc. I'd be thankfull if you help me.

Greetings

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7292 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hi szymonopo,

Have you tried to start in "safe mode"? It is in the same F8 menu as last working configuration.
Do you have another antivirus program installed?

#3 szymonopo

szymonopo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

as I remember I do have, AVG.
oh my bad as Safe Mode I wrote Outage System (because that's literall translation from polish sorry).
Yes I tried with Safe Mode and still blue screen.

Edited by szymonopo, 01 April 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#4 libbilu

libbilu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hi. I have had a Blue Screen of Death as well. Haven't seen this in a long time. Thanks, guys.

There need to be some pretty severe wording added to your e-mail, as well as the download to let folks know that if you have other competitors' products, your computer will become junk.

I have uninstalled your product as well as the AVG which it didn't get along with. I still have borked files.

Will I have to do a system restore to fix this?

#5 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hi szymonopo & libbilu
Download dr web live cd it is a iso file so you have to burn it to disk before using it.go to bios select boot from cd this will allow you to get important files.
And remember installing two antivirus is not recommended at all.

#6 szymonopo

szymonopo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

hmm I spoke with my IT and he told me to download Gnome live, burn it and run the pc as Linus live, copy all the files i want to keep and do nothing but format the disc and it all should work. is it true then? Because I guess Dr web is the same as Gnome. the only differency probably will be that Dr Web see all the windows files such as .exe etc, am i right?

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7292 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi. I have had a Blue Screen of Death as well. Haven't seen this in a long time. Thanks, guys.

There need to be some pretty severe wording added to your e-mail, as well as the download to let folks know that if you have other competitors' products, your computer will become junk.

I have uninstalled your product as well as the AVG which it didn't get along with. I still have borked files.

Will I have to do a system restore to fix this?

Hi libbilu,

I have asked my contact person to add warnings, thanks for the suggestion :)

Ad-Aware 10 creates a system restore point before the installation starts. If you restore to that point, the computer should be in the same state as before the installation of Ad-Aware. That is how system restore is supposed to work at least. But since you have uninstalled AVG afterwards, I cannot guarantee it. System restore works better in Windows 7 and Vista than in XP.

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7292 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

hmm I spoke with my IT and he told me to download Gnome live, burn it and run the pc as Linus live, copy all the files i want to keep and do nothing but format the disc and it all should work. is it true then? Because I guess Dr web is the same as Gnome. the only differency probably will be that Dr Web see all the windows files such as .exe etc, am i right?

It doesn't matter if you use Dr Web Live CD, any Linux Live CD with Gnome or other GUI, you can copy your important files before reinstalling Windows. After copying your files, you could try to do a repair installation of XP instead of formatting and doing a clean install. If the repair installation works, it would be less work for you after the installation.

Sorry, that your computer was hurt so bad and that there are so few repair tools for XP.

My personal favourite for rescuing files is Puppy Linux since it is small to download and burn, but still has a friendly user interface: http://help.artaro.e...-hard-disk.html

Repair installation:
http://pcsupport.abo...stxprepair1.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964
http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm

#9 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7292 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

as I remember I do have, AVG.
oh my bad as Safe Mode I wrote Outage System (because that's literall translation from polish sorry).
Yes I tried with Safe Mode and still blue screen.

You could try "Safe mode with command prompt", too.
Then you do a system restore to the system restore point created before the Ad-Aware installation by following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

#10 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

szymonopo,Dr web llive CD is based on linux but have a virus scanner and you can explore your files with that.

#11 libbilu

libbilu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

CeciliaB -

I have uninstalled AVG and now want to reinstall AdAware 10.

But the install of AdAware 10 is saying I still have AVG, which I don't.

I'm confused on how to proceed.

#12 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7292 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

CeciliaB -

I have uninstalled AVG and now want to reinstall AdAware 10.

But the install of AdAware 10 is saying I still have AVG, which I don't.

I'm confused on how to proceed.

Please, run AVG Remover: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities
It will remove the left-overs from the normal uninstallation.

#13 libbilu

libbilu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Please, run AVG Remover: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities
It will remove the left-overs from the normal uninstallation.

CeciliaB - Thanks so much for this.

#14 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7292 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

CeciliaB - Thanks so much for this.

You are welcome, libbilu :)

#15 libbilu

libbilu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

CeciliaB -

An honest thanks from the bottom of my heart. I about threw my computer out the window last night.

But now I am calm and happy and everything seems to be running smoothly.

I seriously thought I had bricked my computer, but you helped, above and beyond the call of duty.

(But, seriously, a better-worded warning would let the next person not have to go through all of this).

#16 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7292 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

CeciliaB -

An honest thanks from the bottom of my heart. I about threw my computer out the window last night.

But now I am calm and happy and everything seems to be running smoothly.

I seriously thought I had bricked my computer, but you helped, above and beyond the call of duty.

(But, seriously, a better-worded warning would let the next person not have to go through all of this).

You are welcome :D

I'm glad that your computer runs well now.

P.S. Maybe you can add a note to your review at http://download.cnet...4-10045910.html ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users