8 replies to this topic

#1 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

After installing Ad-aware beta 10 I frequently facing page not found error.

Attached Files

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7510 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hi megamind,

You are supposed to get that page when you have entered an invalid address in the address field. You can read more about the Ad-Aware Security Browser Add-On on http://www.lavasofts...browser-add-on/

#3 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Did you minutely see that screenshot it is the lavasoft forum page which is a valid page still i am getting this error sometime even with google.com.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7510 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Maybe it is due to your slow internet connection, the browser times out while waiting for the correct page, but I don't know. Have you received error message "Page not found" now and then before you installed Ad-Aware 10?

Now I noticed that you are using Google Chrome and I thought that browser wasn't supported. I don't have Chrome but did you enter lavasoftsupport.com in the address field or did you search for it?

#5 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

I wasn't getting this error before installing ad aware beta 10 even normal page not found error.no i didn't search for lavasoft forum. it occurs when i was browsing within lavasoft forum.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7510 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

According to tests done by Lavasoft, it seems that Google Chrome in combination with a slow internet connection can result in this behaviour. They thank you for finding this problem.

It did not occur for Lavasoft, when they used Internet Explorer. Does it for you?

#7 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

So I guess one more bug has be solved.

#8 jc2009x

jc2009x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

that's bull if it were czuse of chrome with a slow internet connection then I wouldn't be getting the same issues by using firefox with q 40 Meg connection.... I have been using chrome to surf with no errors what so ever.... the problem only occurs with firefox to which has been updated and rececieve this same error still...

#9 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7510 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hi jc2009x,

Are you using the address field in Firefox for searching?
Is it when you want to search for something that you get this problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users