15 replies to this topic

#1 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

It will be the best release by ad aware till date it is very light and all together very good concept ;) .

But you people now need to work on update servers I tried today updating it but it was too slow after sometime it automatically get disconnected you can do two things here implement smart updater so that after getting disconnection from you server update can resume from that point. or you can implement p2p method.

I don't face similar problem with v9.

ALL THE BEST AD AWARE TEAM!!

Attached Files

Edited by megamind, 23 March 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#2 LS Andy

LS Andy

Lavasoft Staff/Forum Overlord

• Root Admin
  • 1534 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi megamind!

Thank you so much for your feedback and encouragement!

Re: update server speed - I'll report that to IT
Re: P2P - it's been brought up so many times in the past but we didn't ever investigate it properly. Once we're done with Ad-Aware 10, planning starts for Ad-Aware 10.1 and beyond. I'll bring your P2P suggestion back to the table for consideration.

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Lab
unsolicited@tenalia.com

#3 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

appreciate you for such a quick replies update for a security product is very important even for testing purpose.Actually I got a pro version installer do i need to activate this it says it will expire after 30 days will it revert to free version or I have to re install free version after that time.

#4 LS Andy

LS Andy

• Root Admin
  • 1534 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

Yeah, offering the Pro trial was just a way to show people what features are available. It will revert to Free after 30 days (although you need to register for a free license at that time)

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Lab
unsolicited@tenalia.com

#5 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for the info.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7410 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

You select during the installation if you want to have the 30 day trial or go directly to Free, at least that is how I interpreted it when I installed this version. LS Ann writes little about the available versions in http://www.lavasofts...post__p__133453

I have had some update issues with this version as well, a new beta 10.0.173.3160 was released earlier today but I don't know what has been changed in it.

#7 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

what is new or which bugs have been fixed LS Andy in 10.0.173.3160?

#8 LS Andy

LS Andy

• Root Admin
  • 1534 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Unsure, to be honest. I'm more involved in the malware side of things.

At this stage, it will be all bug fixes though - we're too close to release to add new features. Which bugs? I don't have that info. Ann might appear later to give more info though.

Andy
unsolicited@tenalia.com

#9 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

ok

#10 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

one more thing host ad aware installer in download.com,softpedia so that more people can use and i more bugs can be found out. You have to rename ad aware beta 10 in installer that will be enough to warn innocent people that it is a beta version.

Edited by megamind, 24 March 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#11 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Has update problem solved I am trying from yesterday but no luck yet.

#12 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

I today tried to update ad-aware 10 it goes half a way then shows couldn't connect to update service i observe some peculiar thing about this .may be this can help you solve this problem when update is in progress sometime it stuck at a point at that moment i open google chrome and close it after this download occurs again same thing happens when again it stuck at some point i open google chrome and close it again downloading occurs I think you should increase frequency of pinging to update server in ad-aware application so that server will think download is going on even if their is slow connection and increase idle time threshold so that connection to update server will remain for longer time..

#13 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

This is a software bug after researching over net i found this other people are facing same problem but no body has reported about this in lavasoft support forum.
see this
http://download.cnet...4-10045910.html

#14 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7410 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

I guess you are referring to what mcnoo has written. Since Ad-Aware 10 is a full-featured antivirus program, you should not run it at the same time as another antivirus program. Just as you should not run, for example, Avira and AVG at the same time.

#15 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

nope i am reffering to cold ember

#16 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7410 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

I see, yes, Lavasoft is working with solving the update problems you and other persons have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users