• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 car9999

car9999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

I'm running Ad-Aware Freeware 9.07 with all updates on a XP Pentium 4, 2.20 GHZ, with 1.00 GB of Ram, with two internal hard drives, one with 95.6 GB used and the other with 62.8 used. My question is this, I've had the scan going 45 Hours and 33 minutes now, with a 188100 Objects Scanned and no Objects found, and it shows no sign of ending, how long is this scan going to run? I can not afford to have this computer tied up running a scan for 2+ days straight. There has to be something wrong. I'm about to stop the scan and uninstall Ad-Aware and scrap the software. I was told that this was a good product, but I have to believe there are better ones out there that will meet my needs. Before I do, can anyone tell me what is going on with this scan? Thank you.

Attached Files

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7400 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi car9999,

Do you have another antivirusprogram running? In that case it might be some kind of conflict, for example that the other antivirus program checks every file that Ad-Aware opens for checking and that will certainly prolong the scanning time. It is also possible that the hard disk is not operating at full speed any more, when Windows thinks there are problems with the hard disk it will slow down all access of the hard disk and that can easily happen with a hard disk that is several years old.

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7400 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi again,

It should also be possible to do other things on the computer at the same time as the scanning is performed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users