• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bitofadonnet

bitofadonnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

I have just installed the trial version of AdAware Total Security, i have run the initial virus scan, following which 'Last Virus Check' shows 'No Execution'. I've run two more virus scans and the system still shows 'No Execution'. I've checked the logs which show the scans carried out as well as updates. Any ideas?
  • NeoBBAl likes this

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7705 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hi bitofadonnet,

Do you have any other antivirus program or firewall installed? Having two antivirus programs can give strange behaviour due to conflicts.
Which Windows do you have?
Have you tried to install Total Security again?

#3 Josef Nilsson

Josef Nilsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

I have just bought AdAware Total Security, i installed it and restarted the computer, then gett to the point where i type in my password and after that windows just loads and loads nothing happens.
The only way i can gett back in to windows is by starting the pc in fail safe, pick a failsafe restart point a few days back and restart windows.
I have tried it twice and the same thing happens.

The first time i had the free version of ad-aware (downloaded from this site)
The second time i removed that free version

Im swedish whit a swedish version of windows 7 home version 64bit

Whats going on ???

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7705 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi Josef,

I'm from Sweden, too, but the forum posts should be kept in English. If you need a translation, please ask.

Do you have any other antivirus or security program installed?
How did you uninstall Ad-Aware Free?

Since you have bought the product you can use the Lavasoft support instead of this forum with volunteers. See this post by LS Digger Barnes for links:
http://www.lavasofts...ndpost&p=125583 But it will take a few days before they answer.

#5 lorientico

lorientico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I have bought AdAware Total Security, uninstalled the previous 1-year version of ad-aware (downloaded from this site) and now I've got none..!

Before asking visa for reimboursement I expect to eventually receive my install.CD corresponding to this software version . Thank you .

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7705 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi lorientico,

Since you have bought the product you can use the Lavasoft support instead of this forum with mostly volunteers. See this post by LS Digger Barnes for links:
http://www.lavasofts...ndpost&p=125583

You can download a 30 day trial of Total Security from http://www.lavasoft....download/trial/ and install it, then you will have protection until your problem is resolved by Lavasoft support. If you have received your license details, you can enter them in the program and "unlock" it.

#7 vigo2007

vigo2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hello Lavasoft,

I uninstalled Ad aware total security because it slows down my laptop too much, big impact in general, hope they can fix this in further updates.
It's a heavy program, especially when I run a game, there is no game mode available.

I also have a bad feeling that since the new version of ad aware 10, the total security will left behind in development and further updates/upgrades or?

I am thinking to buy the new Internet security pro 10 instead.

Please advice,

Best Regards,

Vigo 2007

Edited by vigo2007, 30 March 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7705 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hi vigo2007,

If Ad-Aware Total security slowed down your computer, Ad-Aware 10 Pro Security should be a good choice since it is lighter. You should try it yourself before you buy it, and when you download Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ you get a 30 day trial of Pro Security.

#9 vigo2007

vigo2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi vigo2007,

If Ad-Aware Total security slowed down your computer, Ad-Aware 10 Pro Security should be a good choice since it is lighter. You should try it yourself before you buy it, and when you download Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ you get a 30 day trial of Pro Security.

Hello Cecilia,

I just bought a new licence for the ad aware total security but I regret, so you admit Total security will slow down more then the new version of ad aware, right?

Can I interchange my total security license for a ad aware 10 pro license somehow?

Please advice.

Thanks

#10 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7705 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hi vigo2007,

Yes, Total Security is heavier for the computer due to more types of protection. Personally I prefer to sacrifice some security to get a computer that works properly, but you have to make your own decision.

I think you can change your license by contacting Lavasoft support. See this post by LS Digger Barnes for links:
http://www.lavasofts...ndpost&p=125583

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users