• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Briancnc

Briancnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

I have been using the free Adware version for awhile, and upgraded to the pro for $9.95 Christams special, i unfortunetly cannot register the serial number as it tells me an error has ocurred try later, and my attempts to contact Lavasoft through customer support have not been answered? help me as i am stumped..

Briancnc

#2 LS Sharon

LS Sharon

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hi Briancnc,

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
  • Open the registration window by clicking the “Register” button at the bottom of the Ad-Aware main status screen
  • Enter your Serial Number
  • Click 'Register'
  • Ad-Aware will connect to the Internet to validate your registration.
    "Thank you for registering Ad-Aware" will appear once successful, Click “OK”
  • Restart you computer to use all of the features included in your license
To find your license information click on the 'Manage License' button on the main status screen.

Problems activating?
Make sure you have entered the serial number correctly. There should be no extra digits/ characters other than those on the serial confirmation email or box.
To activate a new license:
Make sure that you have configured your firewall or any other security programs to allow Ad-Aware network access.
If necessary, you can temporarily turn off your firewall, but be sure to turn it on again after you have completed the registration procedure.

If you already have an Ad-Aware license on your computer, you will not have to enter a serial number to activate a new installation of Ad-Aware.
When installing a new version of Ad-Aware, your old version will be uninstalled and the license will be transfered to the new version.

If you are still unable to register your software, please send me a personal message with your email address and first and last name that was placed on the account.

#3 Briancnc

Briancnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hi Briancnc,

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

• Open the registration window by clicking the “Register” button at the bottom of the Ad-Aware main status screen
  • Enter your Serial Number
  • Click 'Register'
  • Ad-Aware will connect to the Internet to validate your registration.

"Thank you for registering Ad-Aware" will appear once successful, Click “OK”
  • Restart you computer to use all of the features included in your license
To find your license information click on the 'Manage License' button on the main status screen.

Problems activating?
Make sure you have entered the serial number correctly. There should be no extra digits/ characters other than those on the serial confirmation email or box.
To activate a new license:
Make sure that you have configured your firewall or any other security programs to allow Ad-Aware network access.
If necessary, you can temporarily turn off your firewall, but be sure to turn it on again after you have completed the registration procedure.

If you already have an Ad-Aware license on your computer, you will not have to enter a serial number to activate a new installation of Ad-Aware.
When installing a new version of Ad-Aware, your old version will be uninstalled and the license will be transfered to the new version.

If you are still unable to register your software, please send me a personal message with your email address and first and last name that was placed on the account.

I have done that countless times, have even unistalled and tried agin but will not work, firewalls are open etc...As soon as i try to register i get an error [An error has ocurred attempting to activate the license, Please try again later. If problem exists please contact Lavasoft]

#4 LS Sharon

LS Sharon

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hi briancnc,

I have removed your email as well as license key from your post in order to avoid other users using your personal information. Please check your Personal messages.

#5 howie8

howie8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

I have been having the exact same problem with my registration for AdAware Pro. The request could almost have been written by me! I,too, have re-installed and cleaned system and still the same answer for 2 days. Any suggestions?

Harold

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7774 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi howie8,

As Sharon wrote in post #2:

so send Sharon a PM with the necessary information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users