• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DLRWP

DLRWP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

What could be the problem. I download the free version of Ad Adware, it starts downloading and then stops saying it can't be downloaded. OR another message I get says verify you are administrator but has no place to verify. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. I am running Windows Vista 64 bit.

Edited by DLRWP, 17 December 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#2 kryten44

kryten44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

I am having the same problem; free version won't install, message to verify that I have administrator's rights

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7686 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Hi DLRWP and kryten44,

Please, explain in more detail.
From where do you download Ad-Aware?
Do you save the installation file on the hard disk first or do you try to run the installation without saving first?
When during the installation do you get the error message?
Which Windows version, kryten44?
Do you have other problems with the computer?
Can you install other programs?
Do you think the computer is infected?
Do you have other antivirus programs installed?

#4 pcincin

pcincin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

I am also running into errors installing the 9.6 version.

About 3 quarters of the way through the installation, I receive the following error:

An error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.CRT,version="9.0.30729.4148",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32". Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

I run under Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit operating system) with McAfee Total Protection installed. I have installed earlier versions of Ad-Aware without any issues, nor have I had problems installing any other software.

Any insights you can provide into this issue would be greatly appreciated

#5 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7686 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Hi pcincin,

That is another kind of error, please see the topic http://www.lavasofts...tallation-help/

#6 snovey

snovey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

I am having a different problem with installing the free version. I currently have 9.5.1 installed. I received a prompt that a new version was available. I downloaded what was labeled as release 9.6. Soon after the install began, I received an error indicating that I already had a later version of AdAware installed. Is 9.5.1 considered to be a later release than 9.6 (unlikely, but I needed to ask)? Am I doing something wrong?

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7686 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hi snovey,

Please, with that type of problem it is best to uninstall 9.5.1 before installing 9.6.

#8 snovey

snovey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Thanks, CeliliaB. After I posted, that occurred to me, and it worked just fine. Now I need to work on getting the solution to occur to me BEFORE I post!

#9 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7686 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

You are welcome, snovey :)

#10 allenm28

allenm28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

I just downloaded "Ad-Aware96Install.msi". When I try to install I get an error message "The installation package count not be opened. I deleted the fiel and then went to Lavasoft.com and downloaded again. Still no success. The pc was rebooted before I tried the install and I have also successfully run Norton Virus Scan and Malware and both came up clean. Any ideas what to do?

#11 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7686 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hi allenm28,

Which Windows do you have?
Have you noticed other problems with your computer?
Is Norton installed? Can Ad-Aware be installed if you turn off Norton?

#12 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

I also got allenm28 problem, after i download and try to install it i get that could not open error.
I'm using Windows XP SP3, and I have uninstall AVG and try it again but still get the error.

#13 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Okay I think i know why that error pop out when trying to install.
The installer I download should have 11.5mb and the one I download before is just 5mb meaning its not complete.
So I try download it from other site (Download.com) and got the 11.5 mb file and when i install it there's no problem at all.
  • CeciliaB likes this

#14 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7686 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hi Blitzkrieg,

Very nice of you to write your solution here, I hope it will help allenm28 too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users