• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 epijunkie67

epijunkie67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:16 AM

Running windows 7 64 bit on a pretty new laptop and never had any problems before. Was running free version of ad-aware and got the notice that an upgrade was available. When I attempt to upgrade the file runs and starts the unpacking process when I get the error "Problem with Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."

I attempted to uninstall my current version of ad-aware (9.0) and got the same error.

I've verified that the Installer is set to start automatically.
I re-downloaded the Ad-Aware program.
I verified no compatibility issues with current programs from the command prompt.
I scanned my system and found no viruses.
I tried running the installer using compatibility mode and got the same error

I downloaded and ran the windows Fixit program which deleted my current version of Ad-aware but I still get the same error when I try to install the new version OR try to reinstall the old version.

So currently I am unable to install any form of ad-aware and am running without any virus software. I currently run Ad-Aware pro on my desk top and haven't tried to upgrade that yet. I'm afraid I'll get the same error.

So far everything I've found on the net has been of no use. The windows forums basically say "check with your programs vendor".

Suggestions?

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7406 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

Hi epijunkie67,

Your issue seems to be the same as in the topic http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=31212 so try to install the linked "Windows Installer" first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users