• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wub

wub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

I have been getting pop-ups telling me I need to upgrade to Ad-Aware 9.5. After downloading, however, the messages will not stop popping up, and are exactly the same. I don't know if I am updated or not! Any advice please..?

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hi wub,

If you don't know which version of Ad-Aware you have and still get update messages, I advise you to uninstall your current version and then install the latest version after a restart of the computer.
How to uninstall Ad-Aware 9.x

#3 cire

cire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

I have been getting pop-ups telling me I need to upgrade to Ad-Aware 9.5. After downloading, however, the messages will not stop popping up, and are exactly the same. I don't know if I am updated or not! Any advice please..?

I have the same problem and its very annoying. I may stop using this program because as you said , You donrt know if definitions were updated or not?? Whats up w/ that? The answer you got didnt address the problem , they didnt really read your post

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

Hi cire,

I assure you that I read all posts before answering them. It is very common that update problems are solved by a complete uninstall with Revo Uninstaller followed by a fresh install. There are several examples of that in the forum.

Which version of Ad-Aware do you have according to the information in the program? How did you update to that version?

Note: I am a volunteer here and not employed by Lavasoft.

#5 Ches

Ches

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

I've been getting them too, every single day, even if I update it requires me to update. My mom too and I was just telling her how good this program is, now even she is asking, why is this constantly poping up?
I too will uninstall this and for my mom if it doesn't change and Lavasoft don't actually fix this.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hi Ches,

What version of Ad-Aware is installed?
Is it a request to update the signature database or the program itself? I'm glad if you write the complete message here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users