• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tom kieffer

tom kieffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

all of a sudden today Ad-Aware 9.0.7 tells me it's out of date and has another update now screen. WTF is going on. This update while it looks like an update still shows as being ver 9.0.7 (About). There must be a new programmer on staff this week. This really isn't a great way to promote the product and expect folks to upgrade to Ad-Aware Pro.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

Hi tom kieffer,

Yes, the new version 9.5 has just been released and I hope I will get some information about it soon.
There were also some issues with the updating servers due to the release and maybe that led to that your program wasn't updated. Do you still have issues updating to the new version?

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hi tom kieffer,

I'm not sure if you downloaded the installation file on the web page that was displayed. Due to major changes in the program you have to download 9.5 manually and start the installation yourself.

#4 tom kieffer

tom kieffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hi tom kieffer,

I'm not sure if you downloaded the installation file on the web page that was displayed. Due to major changes in the program you have to download 9.5 manually and start the installation yourself.

It is ver 9.5 downloaded from CNET. I had to manually remove 9.0.7 thru Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and then install. It does a long 72mb update and runs fine. Only oddity is now Ad-Watch Live doesn't engage the "real time protection" like it has before. Tried the option settings but can't get it to come on. Perhaps that has been removed from the FREE version. Hmmmmm

#5 tom kieffer

tom kieffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

I should clarify :
Ad_Watch Live PROCESSES is not on as it was in rel 9.0.7

#6 tom kieffer

tom kieffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

Final clarification:After REBOOTING
From the Ad-Aware window click on Ad_Watch > Settings > click Processes Protection > click OK

Now all is working fine with ver 9.5
I'm running XP Home Edition SP3

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

I'm glad that you solved your problem :)

#8 Mastaclocksetta

Mastaclocksetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

Hi tom kieffer,

Yes, the new version 9.5 has just been released and I hope I will get some information about it soon.
There were also some issues with the updating servers due to the release and maybe that led to that your program wasn't updated. Do you still have issues updating to the new version?

I'm having an issue, too. My problem is that version 9.5 installs fine, but then the updater opens and after the updating is completed, I click the "About" button on the bottom of the main Ad-Aware window and it has somehow reverted to 9.0.7! What's up with that?

#9 libran38

libran38

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:51 AM

I'm glad that you solved your problem :)

Hi,

One thing I've noticed is that the main Status page for the free 9.5 version has lost some information. In the past, under "Web Update", I would see the last date and version number of the update, and under "Scan", I would see the date and type of scan (full or smart). Now, in version 9.5, I see neither.

Is this a way to "encourage" people to upgrade to a version that one has to pay for?

#10 LS Jeffery

LS Jeffery

Valued Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Hello libran38

I think the loss of information is simply because you are in simple mode, there is a toggle in the bottom left corner to switch that information back on.

Regards,
Jeff - Lavasoft

#11 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

I'm having an issue, too. My problem is that version 9.5 installs fine, but then the updater opens and after the updating is completed, I click the "About" button on the bottom of the main Ad-Aware window and it has somehow reverted to 9.0.7! What's up with that?

Hi Mastaclocksetta,

Do be sure that you really has the new version, please uninstall the current version and then install new version again.
Uninstallation guideline: How to uninstall Ad-Aware 9.0

#12 gkarasik

gkarasik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hi tom kieffer,

You can't install 9.5 directly over 9.0.7. You have to first uninstall 9.0.7. This is a bug.

GaryK

#13 libran38

libran38

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hello libran38

I think the loss of information is simply because you are in simple mode, there is a toggle in the bottom left corner to switch that information back on.

Regards,
Jeff - Lavasoft

amazing ;-) I think in the past, I must have toggled the Advanced switch and forgotten about it...

thanks for the quick response.

vivek

#14 B. FInkel

B. FInkel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

You can't install 9.5 directly over 9.0.7. You have to first uninstall 9.0.7. This is a bug.

GaryK

I am running Windows 7 Professional. I downloaded 9.5, and I installed the executable,
named Ad-Aware95Install. I rebooted, and 9.0.7 was still installed. I ran the
same executable again, and it uninstalled 9.0.7, then it quit. I installed the
(supposed 9.5) executable, and it ran to completion. I then rebooted, and
9.0.7 was installed. What is happening?
--Barry Finkel

#15 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hi Barry,

It seems that some persons cannot update to 9.5 without first uninstalling 9.0.7. Please, uninstall 9.0.7 manually by following How to uninstall Ad-Aware 9.0 before installing 9.5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users