• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shishir gupta

shishir gupta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

I am getting this error while I'm trying to install v9 on Windows XP. Plz help.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7413 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

Hi shishir gupta,

Please, follow the uninstallation guideline How to uninstall Ad-Aware 9.0 before you install the latest version of Ad-Aware.

#3 Susan777

Susan777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

Hi shishir gupta,

Please, follow the uninstallation guideline How to uninstall Ad-Aware 9.0 before you install the latest version of Ad-Aware.

Does that mean that I have to uninstall the ad-aware version I have on my pc before I can install the newer version? It keeps telling me to go to update manager for the mia.lib. I'm wondering if this means Windows update manager. I'm very confused and disgusted over trying all of this. Even 3rd time is NOT a charm.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7413 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

If you have an old version (version 8 or earlier), it may need to be uninstalled separately before you install the latest (version 9), specially if you encounter problems.

mia.lib is a library file that is included in many programs, see for example http://forum.kaspers...howtopic=102047
It is included in Ad-Aware and is needed during the automatic uninstallation of the old version that is performed early during the installation of the new version, but I don't know why it no longer exists in your computer, maybe you have run a file cleaning program that removed too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users