7 replies to this topic

#1 adwilli

adwilli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hello:

I have run into an administrative issue that I cannot find help about. I resort to this forum because the Lavasoft website says contact Cleverbridge, but Cleverbridge representative told me that they are no longer affiliated with Lavasoft. The Order form I received when I purchased renewals of two seats of Ad-Aware Total Security shows a company called Webgood or Lavasoft.u-bill.com with 24/7 customer support, but when I call that number I get a sweet voiced message: "Existing the system: Goodbye." I get this everytime I call.

Now, what is this all about? Before I renewed my two seats of Ad-Aware Total Security, I started getting messages to upgrade my Ad-aware Pro, but I was using Total Security and wanted to renew Total Security. I inquired to Lavasoft if I could get a discount since Lavasoft gave a discount for three seats, but I only use two here at home. Well, I wound up paying $44.41 for each seat of Total Security renewal.

I now receive emails from Lavasoft to upgrade from Ad-Aware to Total Security for a 40% reduction. I want that. My purchase at $44.41 per seat is still within 30 days, but I cannot find the way to initiate a cancellation so I can purchase the Ad-Aware Pro update to Ad-Aware Total Security. The situation is very, very frustrating. Yes, I have emailed this issue twice, but with no response from Lavasoft, an apparent machine only company without human intervention.

Thus, I resort to this forum. This is my last hope in this matter that some good soul will instruct me on how to get my purchase of two seats of Ad-Aware Total Security Cancelled so I can purchase two upgrades from Ad-Aware Pro to Total Security.

Thank you whoever you may be,

Clarence E. Williamson

Edited by adwilli, 13 August 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7410 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hi adwilli,

Have you tried to contact Lavasoft through the channels mentioned by LS Digger Barnes in the post http://www.lavasofts...s...st&p=125583 ?

#3 adwilli

adwilli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

Hi adwilli,

Have you tried to contact Lavasoft through the channels mentioned by LS Digger Barnes in the post http://www.lavasofts...s...st&p=125583 ?

Hello CeciliaB:

Yes I have, on two occasions. The support functions on the website appear to be effective, but my searches of the FAQs for cancellation of orders resulted in nothing found.

After three days, I have not received a response to my email inquiries. Thus, I am seeking help here. The upgrade offer is time sentsitive as is of course, the 30 trial period after purchase.

Thank you for that link. I contains good information all in one place.

Cordially,
adwilli

Edited by adwilli, 13 August 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7410 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hi adwilli,

Support does not take care of this type of questions during weekends, but on Monday I can try to contact my contact person at Lavasoft and ask him to contact the support department. We volunteers here in the forum cannot perform functions as cancellation of orders.

#5 adwilli

adwilli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi adwilli,

Support does not take care of this type of questions during weekends, but on Monday I can try to contact my contact person at Lavasoft and ask him to contact the support department. We volunteers here in the forum cannot perform functions as cancellation of orders.

Hello again CeciliaB:

Thank you for that enlightening information. I am very gratified by your kindness and willingness to help me out. I understand that personnel of the Lavasoft company might not approach these forums. Nevertheless, I was very curious about whether there just might be another Lavasoft customer like me that has experienced buying a product and just after doing so received a really meaningful offer to buy again. In such a situation, where the the product is very useful and works without issue, a customer becomes frustrated when an official that is able to resolve the issue without any great deal of effort is just not reachable.

At the same time, time keeps on ticking and the possibility of losing out on an opportunity further exacerbates feelings.

Once again, thank you for your kindness and goodly deeds. I will sit patiently to hear from Lavasoft, thanks to you.

Cordially,

Adwilli
Long Time Paid Adaware Products User

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7410 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hi adwilli,

You are welcome. :D
Support has been contacted and I hope that everything will be solved soon.

#7 adwilli

adwilli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hi adwilli,

You are welcome. :D
Support has been contacted and I hope that everything will be solved soon.

Hello CeciliaB,

I just would like to inform you that Lavasoft responded quickly to your informing them of my situation, and the company rep presented me with a satisfactory solution.

The matter is resolved and my confidence in Lavasoft restored.

Thank you for all of your efforts and help.

Adwilli

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7410 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

I am glad it solved :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users