6 replies to this topic

#1 effebruno

effebruno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

Hi,
I installed a keylogger on my pc, and I want it to remain there. I added all its files to the ignore list and adaware succesfully ignore it during the next scans but as soon as adaware downloads some signature update, it forgets my decision and asks me again waht to do with them (quarantine, delete,...). It's very frustrating and annoying, since adaware updates itself every day! More over, is there a way to exclude a complete folder, instead of single files?

I read a similar issue in the old 8 version. If this behaviour cannot really be fixed, I guess shall consider moving to another product.

Regards,
Filippo

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7535 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hi effebruno,

I have reported your problem to my contact person at Lavasoft. They will look into it as soon as possible.

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7535 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hi effebruno,

Lavasoft has not been able to reproduce the error. Is it possible for you to upload the keylogger files or give an address where it can be downloaded?

#4 B. FInkel

B. FInkel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

I have the same problem with Ad-Aware Free 9.6.0. I have a calendar program that contains a file "show.exe". Ad-Aware on a scan on Januatry 16 (150 687) told me that this file was a trojan. Previous to this time it had not flagged this file. I believe that this particular file is not a trojan. On January 16 I added the item (I have three copies on my disks from three installations of this calendar software) to the ignore list. On every subsequent scan Ad-Aware sees the three files and asks if I want to quarantine them. Ad-Aware is OBVIOUSLY NOT processing the ignore list correctly. After I added these three to the ignore list the second time, I looked at the ignore list, and each item appeared twice. Now I have at least four entries for each of these three files in the ignore list. I am surprised that Lavasoft has been uable to reproducce this. The solution for tnis particular problem is NOT for me to report the show.exe file to Lavasoft so that they can re-classify it. I suggest you take a Windows 7 system (mine is 7 Professional N), create a show.exe fiile, and see if Ad-Aware finds the file after it has been added to the ignore list. I just created a test file on one of my disks, and I will see what happens after the next scan. I assume that my file will be caught, based solely on the name of the file.

#5 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7535 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi B. FInkel,

It is well-known that in some installations of Ad-Aware the ignore function is not working properly. The function has been rewritten in Ad-Aware version 10, that probably will be released in February, see http://www.lavasoft....ft/company/blog Let us hope that it then has been fixed for everyone.

Ad-Aware doesn't react to certain file names but to the content and behaviour of files. It will not find all files called show.exe malicious. If antivirus programs discovered malicious files based on their names, all malicious files would have the same name as files that are part of Windows and then never be discovered.

Lavasoft would very much appreciate if you reported the file as false positive. You and many others would then get rid of the problem that an innocent file is reported as malicious.

#6 carjimz

carjimz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I am having this problem too. Everything worked fine until I upgraded to Pro version 9.6.0. Now my ignore list is totally being ignored. I have to constantly restore my files that are supposed to be ignore after each scan runs. As a registered user I have submitted a support ticket but no repsonse yet. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7535 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hi carjimz,

It may take up to 48 hours until support answers. If you have waited more than that, please, write here and I will try to get in touch with support.

Do you think the files are good files and Ad-Aware reports them as false positives?
In that case you can report them to Lavasoft and they will change the signatures so Ad-Aware will no longer detect the files. Please, either fill in the form on http://lavasoft.com/...e_positives.php or follow the guide http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=18033 to give Lavasoft all the information they need to be able to investigate if it is a false positive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users