• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 potionmaster

potionmaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:33 AM

Does anyone know how I can stop the free version of Ad-Aware from starting with Windows? I already have two anti-virus packages installed and want to use Ad-Aware only to scan my system from time to time. I have checked the Windows Registry to see if the autostart can be disabled, but had no luck in finding anything obvious. Thanks.

#2 Pierre67

Pierre67

Valued Member and Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1304 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

Download a program "Winpatrol". It has an option to set programs on delay. It is a free piece of software.
regards, Peter.

I do NOT use Lavasoft Ad-Aware and do NOT work for Lavasoft. I just monitor the Forum from time to time.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!

#3 potionmaster

potionmaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Download a program "Winpatrol". It has an option to set programs on delay. It is a free piece of software.

Hi, thanks for that, but I was hoping for some help with Ad-Aware.

#4 Pierre67

Pierre67

Valued Member and Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1304 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

Does anyone know how I can stop the free version of Ad-Aware from starting with Windows? I already have two anti-virus packages installed and want to use Ad-Aware only to scan my system from time to time. I have checked the Windows Registry to see if the autostart can be disabled, but had no luck in finding anything obvious. Thanks.

"Winpatrol" will let you disable or delay any software package to start up when Windows starts up. You should also not be running more than anti virus program on your PC as you will get conflicts and they will slow your PC down in speed.
regards, Peter.

I do NOT use Lavasoft Ad-Aware and do NOT work for Lavasoft. I just monitor the Forum from time to time.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!

#5 illusionfive

illusionfive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

Other than using Winpatrol, there must be a way to disable Auto start of Ad Aware

In the updated version 9.6 of Ad Aware, I cannot seem to find the programs that load at startup (in msconfig or windows defender) like last versions had, so what does Lavasoft suggest we do if we want to disable it at startup?

I would rather unistall it that have to use another program to prevent it at startup if Lavasoft has no solution

Thanks

Edited by illusionfive, 05 December 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#6 illusionfive

illusionfive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

I even downloaded Winpatrol to try and even it cannot locate any Ad Aware Startup program (like Ad-Aware.exe) so how does this program run at startup?

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hi illusionfive,

See http://www.lavasofts...on-960-ad-aware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users