• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelDiamondTorrance

MichaelDiamondTorrance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

My Ad-aware will not update.. when I try to update it, it says "The Update Manager cannot connect to sever. Please check your network and firewall settings, to make sure that Ad-AwareAdmin.exe has access to th internet."

Can someone please help me out on this? I can't update AVG also.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! :mellow:

#2 HaydenB

HaydenB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

So I have a slightly different problem. I recently downgraded to 9.0.0 and now I always get a "connection error, check settings" error. I have tried every work around posted on this site, to no avail. Do I need to manually update? Or is there currently a server problem?

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

So I have a slightly different problem. I recently downgraded to 9.0.0 and now I always get a "connection error, check settings" error. I have tried every work around posted on this site, to no avail. Do I need to manually update? Or is there currently a server problem?

See if Lavasoft FAQ page about the message "connection error" helps you:
http://www.lavasoft....t...=&category=

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

My Ad-aware will not update.. when I try to update it, it says "The Update Manager cannot connect to sever. Please check your network and firewall settings, to make sure that Ad-AwareAdmin.exe has access to th internet."

Can someone please help me out on this? I can't update AVG also.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! B)

Can you surf to web sites for antivirus programs? If you have problem surfing to AVG, Symantec etc web sites, it is possible that the computer is infected.

#5 JokeySmurf

JokeySmurf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

I am also having this prob of the updater not working, and first i want to say, that i have done ALL the steps lavasoft has suggested if the updater does not work, and it still does not work, it also does not know that it is updated at all. I downed and installed the newest definitions, updates manually, because the updater did not work.

also in terms of getting an error message i get NOTHING! it just sits on the screen BLANK.

i have the newest free version of Ad-Aware, and XP pro with all the computer trimmings.

Edited by JokeySmurf, 29 March 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#6 Rotary Guy

Rotary Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

I'm having a complete update problem--automatic and manual. When clicking on Update I get the Update Manager window but nothing happens (yes, my Internet connection is working). Just get the blank window.

When I d/l the update file and attempt to manually update using the Import function, the main AdAware window displays Not Responding and the update does not happen. BTW, the file contained in the ZIP file does not have a filename extension. I added ".aaw" and tried that to no avail. What gives? TIA

#7 Rotary Guy

Rotary Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

I'm having a complete update problem--automatic and manual. When clicking on Update I get the Update Manager window but nothing happens (yes, my Internet connection is working). Just get the blank window.

When I d/l the update file and attempt to manually update using the Import function, the main AdAware window displays Not Responding and the update does not happen. BTW, the file contained in the ZIP file does not have a filename extension. I added ".aaw" and tried that to no avail. What gives? TIA

Well, what do you know. While posting the above message the update function actually worked. (After 10 minutes or so.) Perhaps my impatience is the problem.:)

#8 nigelb

nigelb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:53 PM

After another round of problems updating Ad-Aware, I installed Malwarebytes and uninstalled the bloated Ad-Aware. I have neither the time or the patience to keep trying to get Ad-Aware to update as it should.

#9 epsilon

epsilon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:50 AM

Oh dear, AdAware update problems again!

Similar thing here to what's described above. Update window appears but then nothing more happens. Perhaps something would happen if I waited long enough but I really can't sit around waiting indefinitely for AdAware to make up its mind whether to update.

No problems updating or scanning with Malwarebytes or McAfee or getting onto other security company websites and no other symptoms of infection so I don't really suspect that. Ad-AwareAdmin.exe does have internet access. Even tried turning off my firewall altogether with no effect.

e

#10 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

Lavasoft has discovered that there is a problem with one of the servers used by the updating program. They are investigating the problem.

#11 Andreas84

Andreas84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Im not sure if i have the same update problem here, since Engine A and B updates fine without any problems, but when i update the Adware/Spyware i always get the message, An error occurred when loading data from the update server. :)

#12 LS Jeffery

LS Jeffery

Valued Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hello everyone

The issue with updating Ad-Aware Total Security should now be resolved.
There was a small network issue on our servers which is now resolved.

Regards,
Jeff - Lavasoft

#13 Cheesedoff

Cheesedoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

:) :angry:

Hello everyone

Regards,
Jeff - Lavasoft

Rubbish this is not true,still the same problem here past and present,about time Lavasoft updated all there servers or replaced them for new..This is the same old story from them.. :angry:

Just thought I would do another edit which includes the time and date below ..STILL DON'T WORK .

Edited by Cheesedoff, 01 April 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#14 progresso

progresso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

It must be a joke - but is it still impossible to set an update time? :) I can't believe it ...

#15 epsilon

epsilon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

Better ... but not great.

At least it's working now but it's still slower than it used to be. Just tried an update and it turned up ... eventually ... but I had to watch three minutes of inactivity before the update finally arrived.

Then, when it had completed updating, AdAware had a 'shut down unexpectedly' error and re-started. So I needed to re-check to ensure that the update had actually been completed. Another three minutes wait.

But all was finally well and I could do my scan.

Looks like there may still be an issue, just a smaller one.

e.

#16 Swisstoons

Swisstoons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hello everyone

Regards,
Jeff - Lavasoft

The update still takes forever to begin. Once it starts, though, it moves along quickly.

#17 cootmaster

cootmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

when i ht update mine to 9,02 SITS SITS SITS on update/waiting

is this same issue

where can i dl the zip for updates

i tried zip it says corrupted

Edited by cootmaster, 02 April 2011 - 11:23 PM.

**SWEET MELODY**

#18 progresso

progresso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:17 AM

I'm back to AVG - bye bye Ad-Aware ... ;)

#19 cootmaster

cootmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

yup i dont even have it on this new computer

and last night i pulled it off my laptop

it takes up resources updates take too long

i pulled avg off laptop for ms esenterals
i heard malware bytes is good

**SWEET MELODY**

#20 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

i heard malware bytes is good

But free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not even try to update automatically and does not have any real-time protection at all. It is also only an anti-malware program and can only be a complement to an antivirus program while free Ad-Aware is both an antivirus and a anti-malware program with real-time protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users