• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 alex10294

alex10294

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

I just installed my new copy of Ad-aware pro. I did a full-scan (which took over an hour) and when it was done, it just gave me a bunch of names of "problems" on the left and TRUNCATED paths with no way to find the files on the right. I KNOW a lot of these are files that I actually want (false positives) but the interface is so restricted that I can't even expand the paths so I know what ad-aware wants to delete! How am I supposed to decide what action to take if I can't even see the file? No sort options? No paths? No adjustable columns? No windows sizing? No saving the list to deal with later? If I don't do everything now, I can't do it later? What is this, 1996?

I'm sure I'm just missing some obvious or hidden menu where the problem correction screen is better, but I can't find it.

Update: I found out that if you right-click EACH problem and select "copy path to clipboard" and paste that MANUALLY into explorer you can find the file. That's totally unacceptable. Come-on - Every spyware program since the late 90's has had a much better results screen than this. I must be missing something. Otherwise, this program is completely useless.

Edited by alex10294, 28 December 2010 - 09:31 AM.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7789 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

At least you can check the log file.
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log
Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Please, follow the guide http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=18033 to report false positives.

#3 alex10294

alex10294

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

At least you can check the log file.
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log
Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Please, follow the guide http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=18033 to report false positives.

That's actually a really good solution. Not as good as them including basic functionality ( :( ), but good. When I looked at the log, I found out that basically every single one of the 100 or so "problems" were false positives and the few remaining were not dangerous.

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

Recently discussed here:

http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=30567
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users