5 replies to this topic

#1 rnowotny

rnowotny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hello,
for testing of our mailservers, I have some EICAR Test Signatures on my Harddrive, of course the ad-aware scanner recognice them as virus and quarantine them.
Unfortunately there is no exclude-list were i can exclude certain directories from scanning. (at least I have not found that option)

yours sincerely

Ing. Robert Nowotny
Vienna / Austria

#2 rnowotny

rnowotny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hello,
for testing of our mailservers, I have some EICAR Test Signatures on my Harddrive, of course the ad-aware scanner recognice them as virus and quarantine them.
Unfortunately there is no exclude-list were i can exclude certain directories from scanning. (at least I have not found that option)

yours sincerely

Ing. Robert Nowotny
Vienna / Austria

#3 cinke

cinke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hello,

yours sincerely

Ing. Robert Nowotny
Vienna / Austria

Hello,
after scanning, at the Scan Results screen, in the Action drop-down menu you can choose Ignore. You need the ignore list. The files that there are on the list will not be checked then.
I use it, it works.

I hope so I was able to help you.

Cinke
Hungary

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:47 AM

Robert, I merged your duplicate posts - no need to post twice in the general and AAW users forums. There is no exclusion list, although we have recommended it to Lavasoft. You can set up a profile scan, but you must select all directories except the ones you want excluded. Otherwise, the ignore list of detected items as cinke mentioned.

Cinke, you have 8.3.4? From 8.0.8 through 8.3.2, there was a problem with ignored items being redetected - Lavasoft never mentioned this was fixed. :)

Edited by visitor, 29 October 2010 - 05:55 AM.

Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#5 cinke

cinke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:20 AM

Visitor, yes I have 8.3.4, but I don't understand something. I have two notebook with Ad-Aware 8.3.4. The ignore list isn't working on my work-notebook, but on my own it's working correctly.

so yes, cannot be trusted its function.

Cinke

#6 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

Thanks cinke - Lavasoft takes longer to fix bugs when they cannot repeat the problem on their systems.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users