Jopie65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hello,

Ad aware blocked a website i want to watch www.xtube.com
I can not open the website in either IE8, FF and/or Google Chrome anymore
Ad aware gave an pop-up telling me that it blocks the website.
How can i unblock it? I allready added it to my trusted websites list under Internet options
also checked the .hosts file to see if it was added there. Both didn't work.

I can't find an option in Ad aware either to unblock it.
I even tryed to uninstall the programm and that also didn't help.

Wouldn't it be an idea to let people decide whether they want a website blocked or not?

Piet

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

First off, surfing adult tube sites is asking for trouble. The reason it's blocked is that it is or has been a source of malware.

Are you using the free version or a paid version of Ad-Aware?
Network Protection (IP blocking) is supposed to be only available on paid versions, but there's a bug where some users have it enabled on the free version, yet do not have access to the settings. That bug has been reported to Lavasoft.

But, if you uninstalled Ad-Aware, I don't see how it continues to block the site since it's part of the detection database. Since it's part of the real-time protection, I don't think Ad-Aware makes permanent changes to the hosts file and such.

You might want to reinstall Ad-Aware, then use Revo Free Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com) on the strongest setting to remove any leftovers, in case the Ad-Aware uninstaller left registry entries behind.

If you have a paid version, contact Lavasoft Support via the link in my signature.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 Jopie65

Jopie65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

I got the free version and that als gives the problem i guess. Since it's a free version i cannot control Ad watch and make changes.

The reason i tried uninstalling was, that with the program it also would remove the block. But that didn't happen.

Now i will try and do as you suggest, install Revo and uninstall Ad aware again.

Still it's a shame that a program that used to be great, now give so much problems.

Piet

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Here's the original topic with Lavasoft comments:

http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=29542
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users