1 reply to this topic

#1 AnnGJ

AnnGJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

trojan.win32.generic!.bt

I got this on all 3 PC's and one of those PC's is only used for F@H, which has run for 10 years and no problem. When Verizon sold out our phone/DSL/TV to Frontier, we started getting this trojan.

Question........where does it come from and what is it?
Ad Aware picked it up, when nothing else did. I've used your product for years and am a satisfied customer.
TIA for any help.

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

Sometimes "generic" means that the heuristics/behavior-based detection picked it up, so it may not be an actual threat with a specific signature, it just "looks like one."

To be safe, you can either follow the instructions in the False Positive forum for posting the file, and Lavasoft will determine if it's malicious, and remove it from their database if it's safe. Or, you can follow the instructions in my signature for posting in the HijackThis forum where someone can help you diagnose/remove any malware residing on your system.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users