• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richardkl

Richardkl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

When I installed Ad-Aware Total Security I allowed it t o install Shredder. I thought it was just a part of Total Security. Now I have this icon on my desktop that doesn't act like any other application. I can't delete it, I can't find it in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs and I want to get rid of it.

Aside from a desktop icon and a folder under LavaSoft called Shredder which has a dll file and nothing else this computer doesn't know it has Shredder installed.

This is a Win XP SP3 computer with a new installation of Total Security.

Richard

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

For help with Total, contact Lavasoft Support via the link in my signature. They'll know a lot more about Shredder since this forum has mostly free version users.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 profilady

profilady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:47 AM

I am having the SAME problem and it is VERY annoying. Did you get it figured out Richard ? If so, please tell me how to do it. I've spent 12 HOURS deleting VIRUSES from my expensive "Total Security" Lavasoft package !! Thank you - Treyce@Treyce.com

When I installed Ad-Aware Total Security I allowed it t o install Shredder. I thought it was just a part of Total Security. Now I have this icon on my desktop that doesn't act like any other application. I can't delete it, I can't find it in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs and I want to get rid of it.

Aside from a desktop icon and a folder under LavaSoft called Shredder which has a dll file and nothing else this computer doesn't know it has Shredder installed.

This is a Win XP SP3 computer with a new installation of Total Security.

Richard

#4 profilady

profilady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

I used this and it worked GREAT !!!

http://www.removalgu...c/#comment-5372

Thank GOD !

#5 Richardkl

Richardkl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

I am having the SAME problem and it is VERY annoying. Did you get it figured out Richard ? If so, please tell me how to do it. I've spent 12 HOURS deleting VIRUSES from my expensive "Total Security" Lavasoft package !! Thank you - Treyce@Treyce.com

Treyce,
I am not sure which SAME problem you are posting about. My first post- about AdAware Shredder would not have anything to do with viruses or their removal. Neither would moving to a new computer. Why don't you make a new post to the support forun?

Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users