#1 Alcool007

Alcool007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Incompatibility with SBREdrv.sys or dll

Hello There is my problem.
A startup program instaled in lavasoft was incompatible with my os.
Its like a system application popup who where launch at every startup whit the event ID 1060

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Popup" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1060</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-22T15:57:55.154Z" />
<EventRecordID>73685</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Alcool007-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data />
<Data>\??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SBREdrv.sys</Data>
<Binary>000000000200300000000000240400C0000000006B0300C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

And there was the result of this incompatibility in my Event Viewer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[
\??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SBREdrv.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
SBRE

Windows Firewall was unable to notify the user that it blocked an application from accepting incoming connections on the network.

Error Code: 2
]

When I make my own searh on my computer about this file, I see something about Sunbelt.

SBREDrv.sys
size: 92.7 kb
Digital signatures
Sunbelt Software Distribution; no e-mail adress
Description :
Anti-RootKit Engine
System File
Version : 3.1.2839.0
Product Name : Counter Spy
Version : 2.2.1133.0
Copyright: Copyright ? 2002-2006 Sunbelt Software. All rights reserved.
Legal Trademarks : Sunbelt Software and the "s" logo are registred trademark of sunbelt software. Counter spy sdk is a trademark of sunbelt software.

> Then I try to get support from Sunbelt and someone send me help like this
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[
Hello Alexandre

Thank you for contacting Sunbelt technical support. I see that you are running a older version of counterspy please try upgrading using these directions here.
Please use the instructions below to remove your copy of CounterSpy and install a clean copy of version 4 . Uninstalling CounterSpy is a two part procedure but it's very simple. First do the following.

> Then I dint actually find so...
Could you send me more information about "counterspy" ?
I just dint find the program in my program list, nor in my Windows utility's or Update.
So did this program have others name or if its an windows update, whitch kb9 update it was beacause its not specified.

There is a note aout windows vista uninstal pannel

Note
If the program that you want to uninstall is not listed, it might not have been written for this version of Windows. To uninstall the program, check the information that came with the program.

As I said beafore, I dint instal myself anny counterspy program or annythings else from your compagnie, so how could I fix this?

> After sending him information about my system, he respond like this

Hello Alexandre

Thank you for contacting Sunbelt technical support. Unfortunately it seems that you are using lavasoft. They use a similar scan technology that is giving you this driver incompatiblity. I would recommend contacting lava soft and they will be able to give you a updated version that will work with your current configuration.
]

There was My system Information
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
P5ld2-vm was my motherboard
Intel core 2 duo 6600 2.4ghz
Memory 2.00 Gb
I Use Internet explorer 8.0

there was my listed Instaled programs
ad aware
ad aware email scanner
adobe flash player 10
adobe flash reader 9.3
microsoft .net frame work 3.5 sp1
microsoft .net frame work 4 client profile
miscrosolt visual c++ 2008
Nvidia display control pannel
Nvidia driver
Nvidia stereoscopic 3d driver
spybot - search & destroy
Starcraft

So Finally, could someone explain me how to uninstal this incompatible driver and where to find a better version to reinstal?

Edited by Alcool007, 25 June 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

Which version of Ad-Aware (Free, Plus, or Pro)?

I think Ad-Aware uses Sunbelt for rootkit removal. Have you allowed Ad-Aware to connect through your firewall? Also make sure you have updated Ad-Aware to version 8.2.5.

Also, not sure if it's related, but there was a problem with Ad-Aware email scanner and Lavasoft is planning on discontinuing that feature. You should uninstall it from add/remove programs, turn it off in the Ad-Aware GUI, and turn it off in Outlook add-ons.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 Alcool007

Alcool007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:14 AM

Which version of Ad-Aware (Free, Plus, or Pro)?

I think Ad-Aware uses Sunbelt for rootkit removal. Have you allowed Ad-Aware to connect through your firewall? Also make sure you have updated Ad-Aware to version 8.2.5.

Also, not sure if it's related, but there was a problem with Ad-Aware email scanner and Lavasoft is planning on discontinuing that feature. You should uninstall it from add/remove programs, turn it off in the Ad-Aware GUI, and turn it off in Outlook add-ons.

I actually use Ad-Aware Plus version 8.2.5
I uninstal the email scanner for outllok, and it seem I dint had outlook instaled on my computer, neiter in the windows utility's. After, I find where to configure ad-aware whit the outlook add-on and its write "desactived" maybe beacause I uninstal it.

I dont know how I will know if its the cause of this problem, but I will send a reply in about a week.

Finally its stupid to instal an add-on for a program I dint have.

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

Since you have the Plus version, you should contact Lavasoft Customer Support via the link in my signature. They have both email and live chat support, and should be able to solve your problem :huh:
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users