Photo

Spyware or Virus that keeps opening random IE windows(Closed)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 AMW1020

AMW1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:44 AM

I believe I either have spyware or a virus that keeps opening IE windows periodically. I have done ull scans with both AdAware and Norton, but they find nothing and it keeps happening. I am very concerned.

Can anyone give me an idea of what this might be and how to get it out of my system?

Some of the windows are for random prize webistes and some go to a Google page that claims it couldn't find those keywords in any documents.

Thanks.

A

#2 cressy

cressy

Valued Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:37 AM

Looks like you're going to need the help of one of the Volunteer Security Advisers.
First you need to read these Instructions and then you can post your logs to the Hijack This Forum.

cressy
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.
Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.
Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.
Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

Windows XP Home sp2 with AVG Free , Outpost Firewall , Ad-Aware & Spybot
Did you know that XP with sp2 is coming to the end of its support cycle and you need to get sp3 for continued support from Microsoft

#3 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

Valued Member and HJT Analyst

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Please follow cressy's instructions and follow the steps located here:
IMPORTANT: Before You Post Read This!
PM for support will not be answered, please post in the appropriate forum, thank you.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users