• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 wilwon3

wilwon3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

I downloaded Nirsoft Launcher (zip) and expanded it with no problem. This software package contains many small programs to aid in various sorts of maintainence tasks. The 2010 version of Ad Aware (version 8) detected 8 instances of malware and placed them in quarentine. This appears to be mis-identification on the part of the Lavasoft software detection protocol. I need advice on the technique for un-quarentineing these items as nothing happened when I attempted to perform the 'do nothing' Action; do I need to change that Action command and how to do such.

#2 cressy

cressy

Valued Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

Quarantine is used to isolate and backup objects detected during an Ad-Aware scan. You then have the option to restore them at a later time. Objects that are quarantined will be encrypted and compressed, and can only be read and restored using the Ad-Aware Quarantine list. Objects stored in Quarantine do not pose a threat to your computer.

Restore Quarantined Objects

In the Quarantine list, select the quarantined object or objects you would like to restore by selecting “Restore” from the Action drop-down menu. When you click “Perform Actions Now,” the object/objects will be restored to your system.

Also you should submit these file to the False Positives - Ad-Aware forum. Read these Instructions first.

cressy
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.
Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.
Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.
Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

Windows XP Home sp2 with AVG Free , Outpost Firewall , Ad-Aware & Spybot
Did you know that XP with sp2 is coming to the end of its support cycle and you need to get sp3 for continued support from Microsoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users