Photo

12/31/1969 Latest Event in Ad-Watch Live & Network Protection Module is Listed As "On"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Voltron

Voltron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

I just completed a clean install of Ad-Aware Plus 8.2.1 and on the main GUI, under the Ad-Watch Live Latest Event, the date of 12/31/1969 is displayed. There are no details to this reference anywhere else throughout the Ad-Aware GUI. Once you have your first authentic Ad-Watch event, however, the reference to this date disappears and is replaced by the authentic Ad-Watch event. Also, as with earlier versions of Ad-Aware 8.x, before Lavasoft fixed this particular bug, although this is Ad-Aware Plus, the Network Protection module is listed as "On," although, it is not, since it is only Ad-Aware Plus and not Ad-Aware Pro.

Thank you.

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:20 AM

I guess the 1969 default date is necessary to avoid an empty field. As for Plus showing Network Protection on, there was a similar problem with 8.2.0 Pro, after initial install, showing Files Protection off while settings were on. Once updated and restarted, the GUI displayed correctly. Does Plus 8.2.1 still show Network Protection after update/restart?
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 Voltron

Voltron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

Hello, visitor:

I just updated Ad-Aware 8.2.1 and restarted the system and yes, the Network Protection module is still displaying that it is "On." I guess we'll wait for an update to fix this GUI bug. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users