#1 BillBB

BillBB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:37 AM

All previous correspondence is included in the attached file Correspondence.zip

The original log directory files are in the attached file Ad-Aware Logs.zip

The original Trojan false detection files are in the attached file TinyVNC Files.zip

The latest log directory files are in the attached file Ad-Aware Logs More Recent.zip. An error was reported as this file was created by WinZip, so I included the error report file Logs ZIP Error File.txt for your information.

The Quarantine directory files are in the attached file Quarantine Directory.zip

I support several Ad-Aware subscribers, so I need to find solutions for avoiding false positives for their sakes (and your reputation with them).

Thanks in advance for your kind responses. If I can provide additional information, please ask me.

Attached Files

Edited by LS CalamityJane, 24 June 2010 - 04:12 PM.
File Attachments removed, no longer needed

#2 LS Anders

LS Anders

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

Hello BillBB

Thank you for uploading the reports and files. We will re-investigate the files and if they are found to be false positives they will be removed from detection.

Regards
LS Anders

#3 LS Anders

LS Anders

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hello

The files submitted above will be moved to a more appropriate low risk risktool family. To avoid having the files detected please put them on ignore.

Regards
LS Anders

#4 BillBB

BillBB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hello

The files submitted above will be moved to a more appropriate low risk risktool family. To avoid having the files detected please put them on ignore.
Regards
LS Anders

That's part of the problem. Items placed in Ignore aren't being ignored. They continue being detected, so Ad-Aware is busy scanning ALL the time.

As you can see from the Quarantine directory I submitted, those files have all now been quarantined even though I didn't (at least not intentionally) select that option. I'll need to recover them once you have figured out how to prevent them from being continually re-detected.

Thanks for your replies. I'll watch for your posts.

BillBB

#5 LS Anders

LS Anders

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hello

Ok, the problem that is left sounds like a bug. I will forward this to the development team to look at.

Regards
LS Anders

#6 BillBB

BillBB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:16 AM

Is there a forecast for when a solution will become available? I'm holding off several visits to our mutual customers so I can install the fix at the same time I make the Ad-Aware upgrade to v8.2.

#7 BillBB

BillBB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:36 AM

Hello

Ok, the problem that is left sounds like a bug. I will forward this to the development team to look at.

Regards
LS Anders

I hate to report that the situation continues to worsen. More and more "trojans" are being detected, now even in my System Restore files. In addition to the latest Ad-Aware, I'm also using the latest version of AVG along with the latest updates. I'm a very conservative Internet user, and I'm reasonably confident these sudden new detections are false positives. May I have a report on your findings so far, please?

#8 LS Pekka

LS Pekka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

I hate to report that the situation continues to worsen. More and more "trojans" are being detected, now even in my System Restore files. In addition to the latest Ad-Aware, I'm also using the latest version of AVG along with the latest updates. I'm a very conservative Internet user, and I'm reasonably confident these sudden new detections are false positives. May I have a report on your findings so far, please?

Hi BillBB!

Thanks for posting!

The development dept. are working to fix the problem, the re-detection of ignored objects, and a solution will be released as soon as possible. You are welcome to post an complete Ad-Aware log file with the detections of any new suspected false positives. Further inquiries regarding the progress of the bug fix may be posted to the Lavasoft customer support center, http://www.lavasoft....enter/index.php

Regards,

LS Pekka

Lavasoft Malware Labs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users