• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Damstar1

Damstar1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

My ADWare Annivsery Edition sent me a notice to upgrade, clicked on the upgrade and went to Lavasoft home page. There was both a free upgrade and a free trial for AdAware Pro. Did the free trial, it scanned my computer and found over 300 errors. I decided to buy it at the special price of $29.99 and it suggested adding free lifetime support and something else. Total came to $49.85. Did the credit card thing and downloaded it. Received the registration key. Everything seemed okay. Rescanned my computer and found the same errors. Clicked on the fix button. When it started to fix, my Virus program (AVG) popped up and said it was a trozen horse, wouldn't let it run, changed the desktop icon to a floppy disk icon. I cannot run it. The programs seem to be there but when I click on the exe. icon it can't find the program. I have tried getting in touch with the Co. that handled the billing but there email address comes back as a Mailer Daemon. Here is a part copy of the email they sent me.
Thank you for your recent purchase using the Plimus.com Online Store.

Plimus is under contract with digiweb corporation to process orders and collect payments.

If you have any content-related or technical questions about the product, only the manufacturer can provide proper support, please contact
Name: digiweb corporation
Email: support@adware-pro-live.com

I don't know how digiweb or plimus got in the act, was on Lavasoft home page. Any suggestions on what I can do or am I just out $50.

Edited by casey_boy, 20 February 2010 - 12:13 PM.
fixed BB Code tags

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

Sounds like possibly a malware infection on your system redirected you from Lavasoft to another page. Since you can't contact the seller, I'd contact your credit card company. Adware Pro Live is a rogue, which is why AVG detected it. Lavasoft's product is called Ad-Aware and the Pro version would include customer service with no additional charge. Lavasoft Ad-Aware's interface looks like this:

http://www.lavasoft..../web update.JPG
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

I 100% agree with visitor - it would seem that the program you have installed is a Rogue (more details here).

If you would, please submit the rogue to Lavasoft so that they can add it to their Rogue list.

Incidentally, does your program look like this... http://lavasoft.com/...ogues/adwarepro

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users