• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 jliller

jliller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

I have Vista Basic (32-bit). I tried to install Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition but during the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 9.0 (includes ATL and MFC) Service Pack 1 I received the following error:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.1".publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b".processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x80070422.

I hit okay which then gave me this message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 9.0 Service Pack 1 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system. Ad-Aware Setup cannot continue.

I went to Windows Update but Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 9.0 is not listed as an available update.

I checked the internet to find the download from Microsoft by itself rather than through Windows Update and found it here:
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

I downloaded the file and ran it, but it gives me the 100% identical error I listed above (Error 1935...)

Help!

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:28 PM

Try casey's suggestion, it worked for Green Lantern:

http://www.lavasofts...s...st&p=114346

If installed, first run a web update using the start menu shortcut: Start > Programs> Lavasoft > Ad-Aware Updates

If this doesn't help, then I would suggest uninstalling Ad-Aware with Revo. Then install the latest C++ runtime from here, when this is successfully installed, try reinstalling Ad-Aware.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 jliller

jliller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:37 AM

Try casey's suggestion, it worked for Green Lantern:

http://www.lavasofts...s...st&p=114346

If installed, first run a web update using the start menu shortcut: Start > Programs> Lavasoft > Ad-Aware Updates

If this doesn't help, then I would suggest uninstalling Ad-Aware with Revo. Then install the latest C++ runtime from here, when this is successfully installed, try reinstalling Ad-Aware.

No versions of Ad-Aware are currently installed on my computer as all attempts to install version AE have all failed with the Error 1935 I describe in my post. Install C++ runtime from the Microsoft link but it gives me the same Error 1935. C++ runtime installation is failing whether it's done via Ad-Aware's installer or the installer from Microsoft.

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:46 AM

Googled "HRESULT:0x80070422" and found this:

http://answers.yahoo...08130906AAYDtoU

Are you trying to install an application and you get this error?

An error occured during the installtion of assembly component . . . HRESULT: 0x80070422 . . . Then I got it again trying to install Ad Aware. This time I got frustrated and determined to find the answer.

Well, here it is. IT IS SO SIMPLE.....

FINALLY AN EASY FIX:

1) Open Windows Services (Start > Run > "services.msc")

2) Find the Service "Windows Modules Installer"

3) Make sure it is not disabled. If it is Right click > Properties > Enable.

4) Make sure the service is started.

Once you do these easy steps you should be good to go.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#5 jliller

jliller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

1) Open Windows Services (Start > Run > "services.msc")

2) Find the Service "Windows Modules Installer"

3) Make sure it is not disabled. If it is Right click > Properties > Enable.

4) Make sure the service is started.

Thank you - this solved the problem.

#6 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:39 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users