7 replies to this topic

#1 Hektor

Hektor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:18 AM

Hello....
I'm new here and don't know if this is the proper location for this post, but here goes. I have Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition (8.1.4) on my computer and for some reason when I click on "Web Update", it just "reinitializes" and reloads the program.
It used to either download an update, or if already updated properly, it would say something like "up to date". Now it doesn't download or say "up to date", it just has a solid blue bar in the progress bar and says "reinitializing" and then reloads the program.
Any idea's?? Thanks......

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

FYI, version 8.1.4 is the lastest 2010 release, not the Anniversary Edition of 2009. If you look at topics in the 8.1 users forum, the symptoms you describe are a known bug with the newly released 8.1.4. Lavasoft is aware of the problem, so check the 8.1 users forum for updates.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 Hektor

Hektor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

FYI, version 8.1.4 is the lastest 2010 release, not the Anniversary Edition of 2009. If you look at topics in the 8.1 users forum, the symptoms you describe are a known bug with the newly released 8.1.4. Lavasoft is aware of the problem, so check the 8.1 users forum for updates.

Thanks Visitor....
I thought I had the correct version when I said I had the Anniversary Edition, but I was wrong..... Getting stupid in my old age!!!
I checked the 8.1 users forum and read about the same issues with other users. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens next.
The latest update I have is 0144.0143
Thanks again, Visitor.....

#4 Hektor

Hektor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

I was talking with a friend today who lives approx. 25 miles from me. She said she checked for updates (last evening) on her Ad-Aware program and it worked perfectly!!!! She said the it downloaded an update and the progress bar and everything worked as normal. What the heck is going on??? How can Ad-Aware work properly on her computer and not work on mine?????

#5 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:57 AM

How can Ad-Aware work properly on her computer and not work on mine?????

http://lavasoft.com/...pdating-adaware

It could be her download was successful while yours was not. Also, bugs don't always affect everyone the same, they can be system-specific depending on OS, configuration, etc.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#6 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:46 PM

The continually reinitializing problem will be fixed sometime in the near future, but you should know that it is simply an issue with apply some dummy files to the system, so it is nothing to worry about, Ad-Aware will still work perfectly fine.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#7 Hektor

Hektor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:52 AM

Well.....
Just to let everyone know, Ad-Aware is now working like it used to. When it checks for updates and there are none, it says "Software is already up to date". It does not "reinitialize" anymore when it finds no updates!!!!! Hurray!!!!!
Thank you Lavasoft!!!!!!!!!!!!

----John

#8 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:59 AM

Thanks for the info :) Since this topic is resolved, I'll close it now. If you need it reopened, PM a moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users