• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 devi

devi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

I've used ad-aware for a few years and have never had any problems...until I installed new virus software from Roadrunner. Unbelievably, there was a virus IN THE download Roadrunner gave us that totally gutted ad-aware. Now I can't even uninstall it. Here's what happens - when the computer starts up, I get an error message that says something about a missing header. When I try to open ad-aware, I get this error message - couldn't load the resource manager. I've tried uninstalling and I get this error message - Ad-AwareInstallation.exe - unable to locate component. this application has failed to start because mia.lib was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I tried deleting the folder in the 'c' folder but am told I don't have permission. I have tried reinstalling it, nothing happens. I'm getting pissed because I can't fix it and I can't get rid of it. It always pops up when I'm restarting the computer and doesn't go away until I click on it - the error message. Anyone know how to get rid of it since apparently lavasoft doesn't give a rat's a** about non paying customers?? I really, really need help with this.

I use a HP laptop with Windows Vista...if that helps.

:angry2: :angry2:

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

I suspect the Road Runner software is some sort of spyware/data miner. Back to the days of AOL, it's always been a bad idea to install software provided by an ISP. You might want to start fresh by using Revo Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com) to uninstall both the Road Runner and Ad-Aware software.

Then, if you're still worried about viruses from Road Runner, follow the instructions in my signature about posting in the HijackThis forum. Somebody will help you diagnose/remove any malware. Once your system is clean, you can reinstall Ad-Aware.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users