#1 User2010

User2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

System: Windows XP32 bit Ad-Aware Free version 8.1.3 Internet Explorer 8.0

Setup: When installing AAW 8.1.3, offers to install "Download Guard"
When download guard is installed, attachment downloads are not allowed from Yahoo! mail.

Issue: Specifically tried to download .pdf file from email. Yahoo! script prompts "Download" after Norton scan. Once "Download" is selected, dialog box indicating "OPEN, SAVE, CANCEL" appears for a split second and disappears. Could not download file until I uninstalled Download Guard. There were no settings to change to fix this other than to remove it via Add/Remove Programs.

Other comments: The new Ad-Aware appears to scan much slower than AA Free 2008 and takes much longer to load. Also took a horribly long time to download, limiting speeds to <20Kb/sec on .6Mbps connection

#2 CG.

CG.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

I have been made aware that this has been an ongoing issue and that they have been working on it, here is my thread on it, http://www.lavasofts...download issues

System: Windows XP32 bit Ad-Aware Free version 8.1.3 Internet Explorer 8.0

Setup: When installing AAW 8.1.3, offers to install "Download Guard"
When download guard is installed, attachment downloads are not allowed from Yahoo! mail.

Issue: Specifically tried to download .pdf file from email. Yahoo! script prompts "Download" after Norton scan. Once "Download" is selected, dialog box indicating "OPEN, SAVE, CANCEL" appears for a split second and disappears. Could not download file until I uninstalled Download Guard. There were no settings to change to fix this other than to remove it via Add/Remove Programs.

Other comments: The new Ad-Aware appears to scan much slower than AA Free 2008 and takes much longer to load. Also took a horribly long time to download, limiting speeds to <20Kb/sec on .6Mbps connection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users