• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chevy6600

chevy6600

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

Hi , i have a problem that i hope you can fix, i am using ad aware2008 and updated, i do a scan and it finds
`TROGANPWS.LMIR` which i then remove, but when i reboot my pc i can no longer update or scan, it comes up with an error message `1814..` and suggests that the service may not be running because the program might of been installed under another user, but this is not the case. What i have to do is uninstall adaware2008, clean the registry, do a reboot, then install adaware2008 together with an update and i can then do a scan!, after the scan it finds the `TROGANPWS.LMIR` again!. and again i can no longer use the adaware2008. Can you please advise?

I am using windows xp home fully updated.

Edited by visitor, 04 November 2009 - 12:55 AM.
removed name and email address for privacy

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:56 AM

Here are a couple links relating to error 1814:

http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=24348

http://www.lavasoft....stem-error-1814

But it could be the malware detected which is causing the problem. In that case, read the instructions in my signature:

1. post a log in the HijackThis forum. Copy/paste or link to this thread to describe the problem, and somebody there can help you with malware removal.

2. submit malware to Lavasoft for analysis - this will help in future definitions and software updates :)
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users