• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emeraldw

Emeraldw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:12 AM

Could not run Adaware at all. Just hung there or crashed. Then this message came up:

An error has occurred in Ad-Aware!

Component:
TFormAAW

Access violation at address 00564D6C in module 'Ad-Aware.exe'. Read of address 00000294

Send this message to Lavasoft Support Team (bla bla bla) and also what you just did
to help us track down this error.

Ad-Aware now terminates.
EAccessViolation

I kept trying to open Ad aware and also do a scan. Neither scan type would work. I kept closing it and reopening it. Then at some point this popped up. I do not recall the PRECISE thing I was doing at the time. I just know I've been trying to do a scan for about an hour without success.

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hi,

If I remember correctly this is an idication that your system is infected. I would recommend that you read my instructions and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 Emeraldw

Emeraldw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

Hi,

If I remember correctly this is an idication that your system is infected. I would recommend that you read my instructions and post a HJT log in the HJT forum for analysis.

Casey

Well, I downloaded and scanned successfully with the new Ad-aware. It only caught a few cookies. What is that error, what caused it, and need I worry further?

Thanks.

#4 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:35 AM

Well I think that it was a sign of infection but it didn't necessarily indicate an infection. Since you have ran the new version and nothing was found you should be ok. Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If so, update and run that just to be sure :)

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users