3 replies to this topic

#1 McCoy_

McCoy_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

I am a longtime user of Ad-Aware, but am now struggling with the Download Guard feature. I am attempting to download several different files, and as the download almost completes, the windows displays the message "Unable to connect to Ad-Aware - Download Guard could not connect to Ad-Aware. . . . Send to Ad-Aware". Clicking Send to Ad-Aware does nothing.

I want to disable this 'Feature'. I have already stopped the Lavasoft service with no luck. I searched the forum and have not seen this problem, but it is entirely possible of course that I missed it. Sorry if this is a repeat.

What settings do I need to change so that I can use Ad-Aware *solely* to manually scan my computer - no automated processes, etc.?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
McCoy

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Ok, you've got two questions here.

Firstly the download guard is a 'plug-in' for Ad-Aware and can be disabled within Internet Explorer or uninstalled through Windows Add/Remove.

Secondly, to run Ad-Aware as an on-demand scanner only. You need to go into the Ad-Watch settings and untick the protection.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 McCoy_

McCoy_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:46 PM

Thank you!

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

I'll close this topic now, if you need it reopened, PM any moderator :)
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users