• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Helle

Helle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:22 AM

When PC is switched On (Vista Home 32bit) Windows Defender warns that AdAware is not running, and I have to start AdAware in Defender. I've sent the Licence no. repeatedly, however, it does not show in the L.no. window in the Manage y. l. window after restart.
The current situation started after a register authority conflict (error code 1406) that required assistance from MS to solve.

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

How long do you wait before starting it through Windows Firewall/Defender? Ad-Aware takes a long time to start at boot, so I sometimes get that warning too. Within a minute or two, Ad-Aware starts and the Defender message goes away.

For XP (not sure about Vista)
You might want to run services.msc - check that Lavasoft Ad-Aware service is set to "Automatic."
Also run msconfig - make sure Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service is checked in the Services tab and AAWTray is checked on the Startup tab.

Also, if you have a paid license for Plus/Pro, you should contact Lavasoft Customer Support via the link in my signature.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users