• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 janracing

janracing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

I am having problems after I run Ad-Aware 2008 and check the box of potential threats for deletion. Sometimes it deletes some of them, sometimes all of them and other times it doesn't delete any. I always have to reboot the computer and hope they are all taken out.

At other times when I open the program, it gives me a message that others are using it. I am the only person who uses it so I know that isn't the case. I even do a control/alt/delete and it is never running. It seems tho, that if I reboot it usually lets me open it.

Also have a problem with the program freezing up and not responding. Them I do have to use cont/alt/delete and reboot again.

Frustrating! Anyone able to figure these out?

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:04 AM

Have you updated to the latest definitions (149.01)? It sounds like your system might be infected - I'm always suspicious when security programs get jacked up and need reboots. If updating doesn't help, I'd suggest posting in the HijackThis forum (links in my signature) where someone can determine if your system is clean.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 clean

clean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

Mine also wants a reboot many times after it has removed 40 or 50% of the threats.

I try to run ad-aware just before shutting down so that if it calls for a reboot I just shut it down and let the next day's boot up take care of business.

Re: message that claims somebody else is using program. I get that message only after an update when I try to do a scan. No need to reboot just close program an reopen.

#4 brojimbo

brojimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

Alway first thing to point to is say o you may have an infection, not I do not think so, even with the current def files in the last 2 weeks I have been seeing AW 08 doing the same thing will not delete the infection, or just sits their and does nothing, or just hangs up, even if you check all the items it still does not say all infections has been deleted. The problem is AW does not care about 08 anymore, it's their way of forcing us to upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users