• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 jaronuts

jaronuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

I uninstalled Ad-Aware AE a couple weeks ago but I think there is some program function leftover from it that keeps creating and writing to the C:\aaw7boot.log

What is it and how can i get rid of it?

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:37 AM

Wow, a lot of uninstall problems today. I've posted this a few times:

The add/remove uninstaller appears to be sloppy leaving bits behind. I just posted this in another thread:

http://www.lavasofts...mp;#entry107038
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 jaronuts

jaronuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:35 AM

Wow, a lot of uninstall problems today. I've posted this a few times:

The add/remove uninstaller appears to be sloppy leaving bits behind. I just posted this in another thread:

http://www.lavasofts...mp;#entry107038

Revo Uninstaller has no value in this case because Ad-Aware AE has already been uninstalled.

Revo Uninstaller can't see what was left over in order to get rid of it.

So the problem still persists.

It is amazing that Lavasoft does not know what causes this or have an answer to deal with it unless I have missed reading it on the forum.

Please give me the direct link to Lavasoft's solution instead of links to more software.

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:57 AM

Unfortunately, I've never seen an "official" solution to any software with a sloppy uninstaller. These cases usually require a manual cleanup or use of an uninstaller program. If you're a paid user of AE Plus or Pro, you can contact Lavasoft Customer Support; otherwise, you're stuck with this forum and the www.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#5 jaronuts

jaronuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Unfortunately, I've never seen an "official" solution to any software with a sloppy uninstaller. These cases usually require a manual cleanup or use of an uninstaller program. If you're a paid user of AE Plus or Pro, you can contact Lavasoft Customer Support; otherwise, you're stuck with this forum and the www.

OK.

You are saying or suggesting that users of Lavasoft freeware must make a purchase of Lavasoft paid software to resolve this issue at hand that exists stemming from the freeware that they offer the computing community?

Whoever runs the show around here might entertain the idea of talking to a lawyer.

Edited by visitor, 11 July 2009 - 08:11 AM.
merged 2 posts

#6 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:17 AM

Whoever runs the show around here might entertain the idea of talking to a lawyer.

I'll bet the EULA says something to the effect of "use at own risk."

#7 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

We'll report this for you to see if this has ever been reported before and if there is a known fix. Hold tight.

In the mean time could you check your program files to see if a Lavasoft folder still exists, and if so, what is contained therein?

Casey

Edited by casey_boy, 11 July 2009 - 10:59 AM.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#8 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hey guys

It seems like sometimes the uninstaller can leave behind lsdelete... This is a application that removes stuff on boot of the system (for those extra sneaky malware).

The file is located in c:/windows/system32/
If you remove it manually from there the issue should go away. Also, we will work on making sure the installer captures this file better.

Regards,
Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users