• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 haas_style

haas_style

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm having a real hard time trying to uninstall ALL of the lavasoft products from my computer, so
I can reinstall. Can someone help Please.
I already went to Add remove and got rid of it but still can't reinstall, says go to add remove again.
Thanks...

#2 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

The add/remove uninstaller appears to be sloppy leaving bits behind. I just posted this in another thread:

http://www.lavasofts...mp;#entry107038
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#3 LT34286

LT34286

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

The add/remove uninstaller appears to be sloppy leaving bits behind. I just posted this in another thread:

http://www.lavasofts...mp;#entry107038

I believe there is an embedded virus in my Ad-Aware.
First of all, it does not appear in control panel of installed programs.
There is no de-installer in the ad-aware folder.
When I use Revo deinstaller, I get this message....."The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

Can anyone please help me ?

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

There is no de-installer in the ad-aware folder.

The AE uninstaller is not the traditional "unwise.exe" found in the program file.

Start > All Programs > Lavasoft > Ad-Aware > Uninstall Ad-Aware - this shortcut points to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{83C91755-2546-441D-AC40-9A6B4B860800}\Ad-AwareAE.exe

If you think your system is infected with malware, please read the instructions in my signature about posting a HijackThis log. Someone in the HijackThis forum can help you with diagnosis and removal.
Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#5 haas_style

haas_style

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

Thanks to ALL, much appreciated.
Got what I needed, done.

rrh
truth honor frrreom

#6 thaebich

thaebich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:35 AM

Thanks to ALL, much appreciated.
Got what I needed, done.

rrh
truth honor frrreom

revo uses the software packages uninstaller to work - if revo cannot find the uninstaller, it cannot uninstall the package (neither can Windows Add/Remove programs)

mia.lib is used by Ad-Aware to install/unistall the package and is located in the Ad-Aware Application directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{########-####-####-####-############} along with:
Ad-AwareAE.dat
Ad-AwareAE.exe
Ad-AwareAE.lan
Ad-AwareAE.msi
Ad-AwareAE.par
Ad-AwareAE.res
instance.dat
Replace {########-####-####-####-############} with the appropriate directory for your system.

Ad-Aware uses mia.lib version 4.44.3.0

Anti-virus programs report file mia.lib version 4.44.3.0 as being "vulnerable" so if your anti-virus program has removed mia.lib you will not be able to remove Ad-Aware

What Lavasoft need to do is replace 4.44.3.0 with a version of 4.5.7 or higher

According to the response I got tonight, they are not able to do that (and didn't indicate when the updated version would be available)
snip------------------------
Thank you for your email.

We currently have no later version of mia.lib in the Ad-Aware installer package nor is there a stand-alone update that I can provide.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

XXXXX - Lavasoft Support
unsnip---------------------
where XXXXX is in place of the name of Lavasoft support person removed by me

Please note that version 4.44.3.0 is available at this post (http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=26135) - it will not resolve the virus vulnerabilty for the exisiting file but will allow the uninstaller to work

I am trying to obtain version 4.5.7 or higher from the 7-Zip site (http://www.7-zip.org/)

Rgds,
Terry

#7 thaebich

thaebich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

Not sure why but on my scan this week Kaspersky no longer flags mia.lib 4.44.30 as being a vulnerability - the file is still there and I did not add it to my ignore list

Kaspersky support response as to my question as why it is no longer "detected" was to tell me how to carry out scanning - I have reworded my question

I have not been able to source a copy of 4.5.7 or higher either

Rgds,
Terry

#8 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

Update: Kaspersky has removed mia.lib from their detection database.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users