• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Cherim

Mike Cherim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

I ran a Java Update this morning. I was informed of a Ad-Watch error and that it had to shut down. After I did that I was unable to restart Ad-Watch. I was informed I had to have the plus or pro editions. Any idea how I can restore my Ad-Watch and keep Ad-Aware updated automatically -- that's why I upgraded in the first place.

Thanks.
Mike

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

Hi Mike,

Your license has probably expired by now hasn't it? If so, that is why you have been dropped to the free version. If not, you should contact the support center.

Either way, you should remove AAW2007 and update to the latest version, AE, for free.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 Mike Cherim

Mike Cherim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hi Mike,

Your license has probably expired by now hasn't it? If so, that is why you have been dropped to the free version. If not, you should contact the support center.

Either way, you should remove AAW2007 and update to the latest version, AE, for free.

Casey

Thanks, Casey. I wondered that, but unless it was just a coincidence, this happening today when it was seemingly just fine prior to this. You mentioned contacting support, I didn't now how. Seems like it's either here or paid support. Sales says it won't respond and I didn't see any other forms or links to try.

Thanks.
Mike

#4 casey_boy

casey_boy

• PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

If your license is still valid you can use the link in my signature and log into the support center - otherwise the forums are for you.

Do you have your original documentation (i.e. email) which says when you bought it?

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#5 Mike Cherim

Mike Cherim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

If your license is still valid you can use the link in my signature and log into the support center - otherwise the forums are for you.

Do you have your original documentation (i.e. email) which says when you bought it?

Casey

I do. It was a twelve month sub started on 4/28 so that must be it. I wonder why it just suddenly ran out without notification. Weird. Thanks for your help.

Mike

#6 Mike Cherim

Mike Cherim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:35 AM

Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade. I purchased the old edition online, and after doing a search on the how-to (because it wasn't clear) I ran into this thread...

http://www.lavasofts...hp?showtopic=24

I got lost after I followed the link given in that thread. Do I just buy the anniversary edition or something, not "upgrade" per se?

Thanks.
Mike

#7 casey_boy

casey_boy

• PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

I think since your previous version expired a while ago, you probably need to 'buy' rather than 'upgrade' since your details have probably been removed from Lavasoft's database.

https://lavasoft.cle...blecoupon=false

If you run into any trouble, then let me know and I'll get someone from Lavasoft to help you out.

Casey

#8 Mike Cherim

Mike Cherim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

Thanks. Will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users