• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Poindexta

Poindexta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

For a few days now I have problems updating AE (after the 8.04 update). I have checked the forums and currently seems to be no fix, and have had no success manually (importing) updating.

I thought, uninstall and do a fresh install, BUT it wouldn't install using either Lavasoft's uninstaller or through Add/Remove programs.
However, I did get an error message saying that it couldn't uninstall because a component (mia.lib) was missing or corrupt.

Now I remember this from a while ago, because Kaspersky picked this component up as being a threat, so I let it remove the offending item, and even thoughr this component was removed Ad-aware still ran and updated at that time. Only since the most recent update has update definition failed to work.

So now I can either use "Revo", as was mentioned in another forum here, to remove Ad-aware, or the other accepted routine seems to be to REINSTALL (obviously to add the missing mia.lib file) and then uninstall!!!

I have a few questions:-

1. Why is mia.lib picked up as a threat?
2. can I safely put mia.lib in my kaspersky exclusion list?
3. when will I be able to update my Ad-aware definitions?
4. Is there a more recent versioin of Ad-aware AE that I have missed that has these fixes???

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

Hi,

1. Please check this topic: http://forum.kaspers...showtopic=88891 it is basically being detected and removed by Kaspery when arguably it shouldn't be.
2. It is safe to add to your exclusion list.
3. This is a problem at the moment with some users, please read this topic: http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=25252
4. The most recent version of Ad-Aware is Ad-Aware AE 8.0.4

Casey :)

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users