Photo

Error 1921. Service"Ad-Aware 2007 Service'(aawservice)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Laily

Laily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

I tried to do an update for Ad-Aware 2008 when I got an error. I get continual errors pop up every 2-3 minutes telling me to send an error message to lavasoft. I've tried to uninstall the program numerous times with no avail.

"Error 1921. Service"Ad-Aware 2007 Service'(aawservice) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to stop system devices."

I tried going to run -> 'services.msc' and I did fined the Ad-Aware 2008 on the list, but I cannot stop the process. It continual is in 'starting' status and does not change.

My computer work very very slowly and I can´t find " C:\Program Files\ Lavasoft\ Ad-Aware " to delete.

Please help!

Laily :)
  • Flieldipsrish likes this

#2 DDon

DDon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

I think that this recent announcement might be what you're looking for: http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=24343

It may not apply to you tho; not sure? It is closed for questioning, but I have seen other references to a similar problem and this fix here today.

good luck!

Edited by DDon, 12 March 2009 - 05:42 PM.

From InformIT: "There are only two types of computer users: those who have had a system failure,
and those who will. If you aren’t backing up your data, you’re playing with fire."
External Hard Drives are cheap

#3 slertcy

slertcy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

useful info, not only you meet this, Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users