4 replies to this topic

#1 Graham Fox

Graham Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Hello
I'm trying to install Adaware Plus AE test version under Vista, but this requires first completely uninstalling Adaware 2007.
Even using a 100% Administrator account, I can't manage to do this: I always get error message 1921 : "Impossible to remove Adaware 2007. Check that you have sufficient rights (privileges) to stop system services" (more or less : it's a French version of Vista).
Does anyone know how to remove Adaware 2007 under Vista, so as to be able to install AA 8 AE?
(AA 2007 is now partially removed, and thus aawservice.exe provokes a repeating crash report every time I open my computer, and I've sent the report many times to AA. So AA 2007 is partly removed - enough so it doesn't work - but not enough to install AE 8).
Many thanks for any suggestions
Graham

Edited by Graham Fox, 09 March 2009 - 11:31 PM.

#2 fluttrgrl

fluttrgrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

This is the exact problem I am having and I am running Vista as well. The crash report popup is driving me nuts!

This is what all Event Viewer says "A device or program has requested attention. Device or application: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe. Message title: Unhandled Exception."

Has anyone found a way to completely uninstall 2007? I sure there are many others who would also be very grateful!

Hello
I'm trying to install Adaware Plus AE test version under Vista, but this requires first completely uninstalling Adaware 2007.
Even using a 100% Administrator account, I can't manage to do this: I always get error message 1921 : "Impossible to remove Adaware 2007. Check that you have sufficient rights (privileges) to stop system services"

#3 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=22364

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#4 Graham Fox

Graham Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

This is the exact problem I am having and I am running Vista as well. The crash report popup is driving me nuts!

This is what all Event Viewer says "A device or program has requested attention. Device or application: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe. Message title: Unhandled Exception."

Has anyone found a way to completely uninstall 2007? I sure there are many others who would also be very grateful!

Well, Adaware aren't very helpful. Casey Boy from AA tells us to "do a scan with AE", but since I couldn't remove AA 2007, I couldn't install AE. Anyway; a helpful guy at Tune-up utilities suggested I download Windows Installer Cleanup, and use that (choosing "run as administrator") to remove AA 2007. Download WIC at site
http://support.microsoft.com
It works! I've now been able to uninstall AA 2007 enough to install AA AE free test edition, and that is great as no more ad windows interrupting web surfing . However, no way to get rid of the last 3 elements of AA 2007, so the crash report keeps popping up. Only thing to do is ignore it, let it sit there in the toolbar at the bottom. Treat it as a challenge! Maybe there's a secret way to get rid of it that AA will tell to those who pay for the licence -- fair enough, but I'd like that in writing before I cough up !

Graham

#5 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

I offered you the link that told you everything you needed to know on how to remove 2007. The problem was due to a bug. The solution is to use WCLU.

I didn't tell you to do a scan with Ad-Aware. That is my signature and is instructions for people who are infected with malware!

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users