gotaro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

Has SE stopped posting Def updates?
The last one I have is 2-16-09.
Also, the download page doesn't even list the date any longer. I clicked on the update button, but don't know which date the defs pertain to.

Does anyone know what is going on? Should I just give up and delete SE from my computer (user for years)?

Edited by gotaro, 28 February 2009 - 01:25 AM.

#2 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

Current version is
02.23.09 download is ok - just checked it.
Regards
Raziel :unsure:
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

#3 rubybear

rubybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

Yes, but just where can we find the latest link to the most recent update? The page that used to display the current SE definition update has this url:

http://www.lavasoft....ritycenter/blog

Now, there is nothing on that page about SE updates. Is there another web page we are supposed to find the update links on?

rubybear

Edited by rubybear, 03 March 2009 - 06:45 AM.

#4 gotaro

gotaro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:37 AM

I use the following URL to get the updates (upper right of screen):
http://www.lavasoft....itycenter/blog/

My question is - I do not notice any download information that once was printed there, such as date of update.
How are we supposed to know the date of the definitions/updates?

Newest update is March 2, 2009.

(I guess there are only a few of us left who still use the SE.)

#5 amarok

amarok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

I use the following URL to get the updates (upper right of screen):
http://www.lavasoft....itycenter/blog/
My question is - I do not notice any download information that once was printed there, such as date of update.
How are we supposed to know the date of the definitions/updates?

Newest update is March 2, 2009.
(I guess there are only a few of us left who still use the SE.)

As one of the few, I've been wondering about the lack of info on the update file as well. I have no trouble getting the updates but not knowing at least the date of the current definitions update .... it's not helpful, to say the least.
Hopefully TPTB will address this. *sigh*

#6 gotaro

gotaro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:47 AM

Right.
Hope the date for the defs will be included so that we can tell which update we are downloading. Rahter than downloading the same update we downloaded previously.

I don't believe there is any other way to tell what the date of the defs are, unless the date is listed on the download page.

Hope someone will bring this to the attention of LS.

#7 rubybear

rubybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

This is a convoluted and time-consuming method, but I have figured out a way to tell if the update on the website is a new one, or one I've already downloaded. You can figure this out without having to download the whole update.

I go into my Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE folder in explorer, and either hover the mouse over the latest 'DEF' file, or right click and check properties. I look at the size of that file.

Then you go to the Lavasoft website, and once you get to the download mirror site, when the update file appears, it shows what size the file is. If it's the same size as the latest DEF file you have, you can just cancel the download. If the new file size is larger, then you know it's a more recent update.

I know, this is ridiculous that we have to go through all this, and I can't understand why Lavasoft won't just put the date back on the update link. But until they do, I'll use this method, so I don't waste time downloading an update I already have installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users