• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Will2009

Will2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:22 PM

I have a HP Pavilion 2005 XP laptop. I purchased the Ad-Aware Plus today and began the installation. My first install I got an error code popup of: "Runtime error in setup script" & "Line 558: Failed to set data for 'DisplayIcon' "

I have uninstall this program three times and I still get the same message. As well, it seems that the program has been installed, but when I try to use it, it does not work.

Additionally, once the program is installed, the system will need to be restarted and then follow the registration instructions, but nothing like this is happening. I have spent about 2 - 3 hours on this issue with no resolution.

Thank you for your assistance.

#2 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

Hi Will,

This issue was reported by our Free users as well, and I don't know the status of it at the moment, however, since you are a new Plus user, you are entitled to direct Tech Support via our Support Center here:
https://secure.lavas.../supportcenter/

That is a different area than the forum here (which is mostly for free users requesting help from other users).

In the Support Center, you will get one on one help from LS Staff via email when you submit your request.
You can Log on with the info provided in the email you received when you purchased your product.

(not the same registration as you may have used to sign up here in the forum)
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users