10 replies to this topic

#1 jesseb

jesseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hey guys,

I have followed this same problem to many closed threads with no solutions. I have tried to install Ad-Aware AE on my system and it appears to cycle through the install wizard, then displays the "error 2343" message saying there is something wrong with the packet. I have tried to install with several different solutions, diagnostic modes, limited services, etc. The lavasoft directory is never created by the wizard so manual packet installation was not an option. I have also attempted using the custom install and trying all configurations. I have turned off all protections and firewalls without success.

I have seen this issue in several other threads however, the thread continues to get closed before a solution is posted.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jesseb

#2 Mikuru

Mikuru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

I have the same problem, also on a Vista OS.
I have tried the sollution posted in this thread http://www.lavasofts...s...024&hl=2343
that now is 12 days old with the last reply saying it didn't help, and nope, it didn't work for me either.

As AE doesn't work for me and many more, I wonder where I can download an earlier version that actually does work.
Thank you.

Edited by Mikuru, 13 February 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#3 DocEvil

DocEvil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

ok folks, now my installation of Ad-Aware AE free works.

My Solution wwas to change the language from german to english. Tht
s all. Now i can use it and can change the language in the app otions.

#4 jesseb

jesseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

ok folks, now my installation of Ad-Aware AE free works.

My Solution wwas to change the language from german to english. Tht
s all. Now i can use it and can change the language in the app otions.

I tried your solution but in my case I installed from english to german with the same error. Thanks anyway. Still not resolved.

#5 GoddersUK

GoddersUK

Valued Member/ Ad-Aware Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

Can you try re downloading AAW in case you have a corrupted installer. Thank you.

Also please make sure that you have the latest version of Windows Installer available from Microsoft - http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
If you are a paying user (Plus/Pro License) you should visit the Lavasoft Support Centre.

If you need help to remove an infection:

Read this first. Follow ALL the steps in it. If you do not then you will just be asked to go away and do so.
Then post your HJT log (copy and paste, don't attach) into a NEW topic in the HJT Log Forum
Await advice from either a Volunteer Security Advisor or a member of Lavasoft staff.

If you see anyone other than a VSA or Lavasoft staff member giving advice in the HijackThis forum please PM a mod.

DO NOT POST HJT LOGS IN ANY FORUM OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL HJT LOG FORUM. We will be unable to deal with them there and will just tell you to go to the right place.

Please do NOT bump HijackThis log posts, it won't help you receive help any faster - the VSAs look for posts with zero replies. If after one week you have not received a response please repost your log file in a NEW thread.

#6 jesseb

jesseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

I tried your solution but in my case I installed from english to german with the same error. Thanks anyway. Still not resolved.

Yes. I have tried downloading the installation file 3 different times. Maybe I should try a mirror server. I will let you know.

Thanks.

#7 jesseb

jesseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

Can you try re downloading AAW in case you have a corrupted installer. Thank you.

Also please make sure that you have the latest version of Windows Installer available from Microsoft - http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

Update. I downloaded AE again from cnet and installed the hotfix as you referenced above from MS. Same error at the same point of the wizard. I am sure the installer was current because I do keep up with all the updates. AA 2008 is working and installed as expected with my current platform. AA AE is still failing to install with the same "error 2343" and does not even create or extract files into a Lavasoft directory even though the wizard says "installation complete/restart now".

Please keep this thread open until a solution is posted. I have had several messages from others asking for a fix.

Thannks.

#8 GoddersUK

GoddersUK

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hi, please use the custom installer to install without Ad-Watch Live! and then use the following instructions to install it.

Hi,

Try to manually install the Ad-Watch real time protection driver, use the instructions below.

For a 32bit operating system.
Go to, (the default installed location)
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\drivers\32
Right click on the 'lbd.inf' file and choose install, reboot the computer.

For a 64bit operating system.
Go to, (the default installed location)
C:\Program Files(x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\drivers\64
Right click on the 'lbd.inf' file and choose install, reboot the computer.

Regards
John

Attached Images

• custom_install.PNG

If you are a paying user (Plus/Pro License) you should visit the Lavasoft Support Centre.

Read this first. Follow ALL the steps in it. If you do not then you will just be asked to go away and do so.
Then post your HJT log (copy and paste, don't attach) into a NEW topic in the HJT Log Forum
Await advice from either a Volunteer Security Advisor or a member of Lavasoft staff.

If you see anyone other than a VSA or Lavasoft staff member giving advice in the HijackThis forum please PM a mod.

DO NOT POST HJT LOGS IN ANY FORUM OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL HJT LOG FORUM. We will be unable to deal with them there and will just tell you to go to the right place.

Please do NOT bump HijackThis log posts, it won't help you receive help any faster - the VSAs look for posts with zero replies. If after one week you have not received a response please repost your log file in a NEW thread.

#9 jesseb

jesseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

Hi, please use the custom installer to install without Ad-Watch Live! and then use the following instructions to install it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had attempted this solution before, however, I tried again to make sure I did not miss any steps. As I stated in my first post, the Lavasoft directory is never created and the files are not extracted from the downloaded cab. And yes, I have attempted to re-download new installation files in case they have been corrupted. I also have tried to change the default directory locations, and just about all other install options. I am attempting all of these under admin rights. When I get some time, I will copy the directory off my other Vista PC and attempt the manual install but wanted to let you know that the issue on this machine is not resolved.

Thanks,

Jesse

#10 GoddersUK

GoddersUK

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

I think this is unlikely to fix it, but worth a try - can you please run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 - and remove anything Lavsofty or Ad-Awarey that comes up.

#11 jesseb

jesseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

I think this is unlikely to fix it, but worth a try - can you please run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301" target="_blank">http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301</a> - and remove anything Lavsofty or Ad-Awarey that comes up.

The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility did not fix this issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jesse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users