• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dotbowels

dotbowels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Since i installed adware this AM got this message : ADMIN_CLASS_LIB.dll not found reinstalling may fix the problem
Went to Acer and checked cant find for Acer 4530 Notebook?

Any suggestions ? Thanks Dorothy

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hi,

What version of ad-aware are you trying to install (07/08/AE) and what type (free/plus/pro) and then what operating system are you using (XP/Vista)?

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 Demerol

Demerol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

Hi,

What version of ad-aware are you trying to install (07/08/AE) and what type (free/plus/pro) and then what operating system are you using (XP/Vista)?

Casey

Just putting in my 2 cents worth.

I believe the ADMIN_CLASS_LIB.dll belongs to the eDSloader.exe program that comes optional as part of the 'Acer Empowering Suite" on Acer computers. It is the optional part of the suite that can be downloaded and installed to encrypt files.

Here is the download link to the program http://www.egistec.com/oem-acer001/

My ad-aware quarantined the program so now I am getting the same errors on start up of my computer.

I am going to try and uninstall the Egis Pack and will let you know if I have any problems.

I believe she installed the ad-aware fine, but then after it did it's initial scan it quarantined or user deleted those files.

Here was my original ad-aware scan results:
Description: c:\windows\system32\psdutil.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: c:\windows\system32\showerrmsg.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: c:\windows\system32\batchcrypto.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: c:\windows\system32\admin_class_lib.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: C:\Windows\Acer.scr Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Success Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: C:\Windows\System32\ADMIN_CLASS_LIB.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: C:\Windows\System32\BatchCrypto.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: C:\Windows\System32\PSDUtil.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0
Description: C:\Windows\System32\ShowErrMsg.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Edited by Demerol, 16 February 2009 - 06:19 AM.

#4 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Demerol,

If dotbowels reads this then please confirm if this is the case.

Demerol, could you please post in the false positives if you think ad-aware has deleted a legitimate item and it will get removed from the detection database.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#5 GoddersUK

GoddersUK

Valued Member/ Ad-Aware Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

I can certainly confirm that admin_class_lib.dll could possibly be part of the ****ware acer preinstall on their systems - I have it on mine, and AAW detects it, and mine is an acer system, however of interesting note the default action in my AAW is to "Allow once" not "Quarantine".
If you are a paying user (Plus/Pro License) you should visit the Lavasoft Support Centre.

If you need help to remove an infection:

Read this first. Follow ALL the steps in it. If you do not then you will just be asked to go away and do so.
Then post your HJT log (copy and paste, don't attach) into a NEW topic in the HJT Log Forum
Await advice from either a Volunteer Security Advisor or a member of Lavasoft staff.

If you see anyone other than a VSA or Lavasoft staff member giving advice in the HijackThis forum please PM a mod.

DO NOT POST HJT LOGS IN ANY FORUM OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL HJT LOG FORUM. We will be unable to deal with them there and will just tell you to go to the right place.

Please do NOT bump HijackThis log posts, it won't help you receive help any faster - the VSAs look for posts with zero replies. If after one week you have not received a response please repost your log file in a NEW thread.

#6 DGPickett

DGPickett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

I just lost this file a second time, after reinstalling from a fresh download from acer. The first time, I changed it from recommended (who knows) to quarantine, but then when I found it gone, there was no way to un-quarantine it,, as it was lost in an anonymous list of many files quarantined. How do I stop the removal?

#7 Demerol

Demerol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

Thanks Demerol,

If dotbowels reads this then please confirm if this is the case.

Demerol, could you please post in the false positives if you think ad-aware has deleted a legitimate item and it will get removed from the detection database.

Casey

Will do.

#8 DGPickett

DGPickett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

This is to say, that in addition to attacking an innocent file, the quarantine feature is not working right, as I cannot remove it from quarantine., as I cannot identify it. I am using the free anniversary version freshly downloaded.

David

I just lost this file a second time, after reinstalling from a fresh download from acer. The first time, I changed it from recommended (who knows) to quarantine, but then when I found it gone, there was no way to un-quarantine it,, as it was lost in an anonymous list of many files quarantined. How do I stop the removal?

#9 GoddersUK

GoddersUK

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

It's safe.

Just add it to ignore or ignore it manually each time.

tbh I doubt you're really gonna miss it if it's gone anway... unless you use the acer utility you could just uninstall that.
If you are a paying user (Plus/Pro License) you should visit the Lavasoft Support Centre.

Read this first. Follow ALL the steps in it. If you do not then you will just be asked to go away and do so.
Then post your HJT log (copy and paste, don't attach) into a NEW topic in the HJT Log Forum
Await advice from either a Volunteer Security Advisor or a member of Lavasoft staff.

If you see anyone other than a VSA or Lavasoft staff member giving advice in the HijackThis forum please PM a mod.

DO NOT POST HJT LOGS IN ANY FORUM OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL HJT LOG FORUM. We will be unable to deal with them there and will just tell you to go to the right place.

Please do NOT bump HijackThis log posts, it won't help you receive help any faster - the VSAs look for posts with zero replies. If after one week you have not received a response please repost your log file in a NEW thread.

#10 GoddersUK

GoddersUK

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

Except that it's a heuristic detection (or perhaps behaviour based, I can't remember) so it isn't on the database in the first place.

(sorry if this reply is far from polite, I'm tired and should probably be in bed :P)

#11 DGPickett

DGPickett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

Lacking a time mqachine to go back to the first detection, I took all the unnamed files out of quarantine and scanned again. I started marking them ignore, but the gui is stuck in allow once for the last, 6th item, showerrmsg.dll, so I suppose I have to scan again t get to choose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users