Photo

what is my way my web search and how do i get rid of it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobjammin

bobjammin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

hi,
i my computer is going pretty slow lately and i dont know for sure if its this 'mywaymyweb search' but i do know that every time i run spybot search and destroy it detects my way my web search. the catch is it can never delet it from my computer.it keeps prompting me with 'the reason this could not be fixed could be that the files are still in use(in memory). this can be fixed after a restart'.
so i agree to run spybot on system restart and the same happens, over and over again. i tried some advise i seen on some other sites and have deleted some folders and uninstalled the tool bar but still spybot is detecting 2 entries of it. i dont know. im no computer wizz, far from it in fact and this is bugging me. can anyone help me out, thanks.

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4092 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

You're talking about Spybot Search & destroy, but have you tried Ad-aware? This because you're posting your issue at the Lavasoft forums (Ad-Aware), and you're mentioning Spybot S&D instead?

So please perform a full scan with an UP TO DATE Adaware: http://www.lavasoft...._aware_free.php

Extra note.. BEFORE you scan with Ad-Aware, Please disable your Spybot's teatimer, because it can interfere with the Adaware scan.
When everything is done and your issue is resolved.
If teatimer gives you a warning afterwards that some changes were made, allow this instead of blocking it.
How to disable TeaTimer <== click me for instructions.
After you disabled Teatimer, download ResetTeaTimer.bat to your desktop. (In case you use Firefox, rightclick the link and choose "save as").
Doubleclick ResetTeaTimer.bat and let it run.
This will only take a few seconds.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.
DO NOT POST your problem or log in someone elses thread, even though you are having the same problems. This to avoid confusion. Start a new thread instead and someone will help you asap.
Bumping your thread won't help to receive help in a faster way, this since we always look at the posts with 0 replies first. If you bump your thread, we assume that someone is already helping you, so your thread may be ignored.

#3 bobjammin

bobjammin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

hi,
i my computer is going pretty slow lately and i dont know for sure if its this 'mywaymyweb search' but i do know that every time i run spybot search and destroy it detects my way my web search. the catch is it can never delet it from my computer.it keeps prompting me with 'the reason this could not be fixed could be that the files are still in use(in memory). this can be fixed after a restart'.
so i agree to run spybot on system restart and the same happens, over and over again. i tried some advise i seen on some other sites and have deleted some folders and uninstalled the tool bar but still spybot is detecting 2 entries of it. i dont know. im no computer wizz, far from it in fact and this is bugging me. can anyone help me out, thanks.

#4 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hi and welcome to the Lavasoft Forums

Myweb search isn't harmful nor would it be slowing down your computer, however, since Spybot detects it and isn't removing it I'd to see the Spybot scan log to examine where it might be having a problem. And then, I'd like to check for more serious problems just in case you might have something affecting your PC that is undetected malware.

So please first find your Spybot scan log and post the test file here:
Spybot S&D log files:

Scan, fix, resident and error logs are located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs\

alternatively these logs can be accessed within Spybot S&D:

* switch Spybot S&D to advanced mode
* navigate to tools - view report
* click "view report" to generate a new report
* click "view previous report" to access older / automatically generated reports
* click "export" to save the report to a text file
Next, please download this free tool to produce a diagnostic log and post that here too.

* Download Trend Micro Hijack This™
http://download.blee.../HJTInstall.exe
Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.
By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.
HijackThis will open after install. Press the Scan button below.
This will start the scan and open a log.
Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
Lastly, a question. Did you also scan with Ad-Aware (or any other scanners) and did it find anything? This would be helpful to know also
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

#5 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Seems you had already posted a topic already and did not see the reply. I'm going to merge these two topics into one. One of us will see you through but please don't post any more new topics on this issue (it get's too confusing).

Please follow the instructions given previously and post the requested information so we can help you.

And bookmark this topic URL in your favorites so you can find it again and reply here only.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users