• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrissyhelp

chrissyhelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

hi i have had a problem that i cannot find a answer to...hi i tried once again to download and install ad aware . first it downloads ok then i get the installation wizard which verifies the contents of the package then it goes to installaware prepares install. then i put my language in then ............ ERROR this product requires at least 256.mb physical memory. set up cannot continue. i had ad aware on my computer previously but needed to do a complete restore so had to start from scratch. i tried the ad aware 8 and the ad aware ae. neither will install any idears why. chrissy (they are both free editions for personal use.) :angry:

#2 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:00 AM

What is your Operating system and Service Pack level?

Example: XP SP2 or XP SP3 or Vista SP1, etc.

Physical memory is your RAM (not hard drive capacity). You can do a quick check of Physical memory in the Windows Task manager under the Performance tab. What does it say for Total and Available?
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

#3 Ed Zac

Ed Zac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:24 AM

What is your Operating system and Service Pack level?

Example: XP SP2 or XP SP3 or Vista SP1, etc.

Physical memory is your RAM (not hard drive capacity). You can do a quick check of Physical memory in the Windows Task manager under the Performance tab. What does it say for Total and Available?

Greetings Clamity,

I am having the same problem, Task manager indacates Total as: 252656 and Available as: 101924, System Cashe: 108740

Before loading - I have run CCleaner and have used the game boster option in advanced system care to shut down, non essential programs.

What can I try next?

Thanks for any advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users